What's new

Tighten Up a Fat-Boy

I have a Gillette, adjustable "Fat Boy" that I just purchased from e-bay. It is in good shape but while shaving sometimes the butterfly starts to "spread its wings" . . . (i.e. loosens up). I was wondering if there is a way to adjust / tighten it up. I saw two (2) counter-opposed holes on the circular piece in the bottom of the handle.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

This is my first post here so I'm psyched about it all . . .

Yes, that kind of Fat Boy can be taken apart, and maybe all it needs is a good cleaning. There was a forum yesterday on that topic, so just search Fat Boy Adjustment and there will be a link to instructions. Good luck.

I have a Gillette, adjustable "Fat Boy" that I just purchased from e-bay. It is in good shape but while shaving sometimes the butterfly starts to "spread its wings" . . . (i.e. loosens up). I was wondering if there is a way to adjust / tighten it up. I saw two (2) counter-opposed holes on the circular piece in the bottom of the handle.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

This is my first post here so I'm psyched about it all . . .

Welcome to B&B. I don't know if you have to disassemble the razor to find a solution. The TTO knob will turn another half a turn after the door is closed to keep the doors from opening during use. This is a feature built into the razor by Gillette. Try it out and let us know.

Top Bottom