What's new

Vintage SOTD, 7/24/08

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first and still favorite DE is a '52 Gillette SS black tip, which I bought here at B&B. It came with case, and the case still had the original razor container in it, and the razor container still had several unused blades in it. :idea:

If the date codes for razor blades are the same as for razors, these Gillette Blues are from '52 also. :w00t:

So, today I decided to try a really vintage "SOTD" . . . :lol:

Preshave: hot shower
Razor: '52 Gillette SS
Blade: '52 Gillette Blue
Soap: HBS Ye Olde Barbershop
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

. . . . well, it doesn't get any more traditional than that, I thought, at least not here, so I dove in.

Let's just say that from the very first stroke of the very first pass, I knew I had made a BIG mistake . . . :blink: :eek2: :oops:

I persisted anyway, because I'm a slow learner, and things did get better in subsequent passes, but a full four pass shave later I still wasn't BBS, and it hadn't really stopped feeling like I was shaving with a serrated steak knife wrapped in 60-grit . . . :001_rolle

I'm glad I tried it, but the other two blades can stay in the case . . . for historical value and collectible purposes . . . yeah . . . that's it . . . historical value. :biggrin:

Boy, that Derby Extra's gonna feel GREAT tomorrow! :thumbup1:

NANP™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom