What's new

Dunhill pipe tobacco?

I heard recently from a friend at a pipe shop that Dunhill's American distributor won't be carrying them anymore. He said that it's likely that someone else will, eventually, but no one knows the status of this - he said that some people were actually buying pounds of Nightcap in case they could never get it again.

Maybe this is old news. Has anyone heard anything about this? Is Dunhill still available where you are?

I heard recently from a friend at a pipe shop that Dunhill's American distributor won't be carrying them anymore. He said that it's likely that someone else will, eventually, but no one knows the status of this - he said that some people were actually buying pounds of Nightcap in case they could never get it again.

Maybe this is old news. Has anyone heard anything about this? Is Dunhill still available where you are?

I thought ALL Dunhill had stopped and whoever have taken them over would be releasing versions of Dunhill under their own brand name.

I might be barking up the wrong kettle of fish though.

If you like them you better get the ones that are left. Maybe picked up by someone in the future. Wouldn't count on it though. Even now they are not nearly as good as they were in the 70's and eighties.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
If this is true, I still wouldn't be in any rush to glomm up the last of their production. It's been spotty, at best, in recent years- a shadow of their former glory.

I still have a bunch of tins laying around, but I :frown: got rid of their older stuff a while ago.

Dunhill tobaccos are not discontinued!! As of June 1, 2008, they have
no US importer/distributor. BAT, owner of the Dunhill tobacco
trademark, is currently in negotiations with several importers to
handle US distribution. I anticipate a 3-6 month period of
unavailability, once the inventory currently in the US market is
depleted (which will be soon).

This was posted on ASP by Eric who is the owner of cupojoes.com which is one of the largest Dunhill dealers in the United States. I find him credible to speak on this topic.

Dunhill tobaccos are still available at most online shops so I don't see any real supply problem.

yes, you can still find tins of early morning pipe and nightcap, but these too are not currently being produced (and distributed), so buy them while you still can (assuming you want them). I never tried the old versions, but found the newer ones to be only so-so.

Rumor is, as stated above, that there will likely be a new distributer in the future so the brand will probably not be going away completely (but who really knows?)

ouch

yes, you can still find tins of early morning pipe and nightcap, but these too are not currently being produced (and distributed), so buy them while you still can (assuming you want them). I never tried the old versions, but found the newer ones to be only so-so.

Rumor is, as stated above, that there will likely be a new distributer in the future so the brand will probably not be going away completely (but who really knows?)

Are you on tea chat?

Just been into my tobacco shop and bought some Dunhill Flake Virginia (the only one they stock now) and asked what the score was with Dunhill.

They told me that Dunhill is no longer going to be sold in UK!

Outrageous.

My tin says 1A St James, London SW1A 1EF but will no longer be available once their stock is gone.

I'm going to buy a few tins tomorrow.

ouch

yeah, I just found that a week or so ago. Pretty interesting site...I'll have to figure out who you are!

I tought so. I recognized your old avatar. :lol:

My membership is still pending activation, but you should have no trouble finding me once I show up. If you want any puerh samples, send me your address.

Hmmm. If we could get a puerh passaround going, we may even be able to lore Scotto back! :tongue_sm

I tought so. I recognized your old avatar. :lol:

My membership is still pending activation, but you should have no trouble finding me once I show up. If you want any puerh samples, send me your address.

Hmmm. If we could get a puerh passaround going, we may even be able to lore Scotto back! :tongue_sm

that would be great! I've only tried one so far. I'm moving next week, but I'll send you a PM once I get settled in to my new place!

Top Bottom