What's new

Discussion thread for Floris Sandalwood cologne

This thread is for discussion of this review. Have at it, gents.

Edit: Before anyone asks, a word about comparisons to other sandalwood scents. First of all Trumpers - it is hard to imagine more diametrically opposed scents. Trumpers is sweet and in-your-face powerful. Floris is dry and incredible subtle. The C&E has a bit more of a "powdery" feel compared to the Floris' understated woodiness.

Well, I see the narrative pattern of the 88 review was the beginning of a trend. Seriously though, this sounds wonderful. (Well, the lifestyle depicted actually sounds very slightly repulsive, but the scent sounds wonderful, anyway). Anything that makes one think of sitting in an old leather chair in a library full of musty old books has to be good. Plus, I love sandlewood, as long as not too sweet a mix.

Hmmmm.... Unfortunately, I don't think this was in the sampler I ordered either. Dammit.

Scotto said:
Edit: Before anyone asks, a word about comparisons to other sandalwood scents. First of all Trumpers - it is hard to imagine more diametrically opposed scents. Trumpers is sweet and in-your-face powerful. Floris is dry and incredible subtle. The C&E has a bit more of a "powdery" feel compared to the Floris' understated woodiness.

Excellent comparison! I totally agree.

Top Bottom