What's new

Proraso Pre Shave in the shower

I recently decided that I would try using the Proraso Pre Shave in the shower, and let me tell ya, I think that my Proraso Pre will now reside in the shower. I now go through my normal shower routine, but after washing my face, and towards the end of my shower, I now apply the the Pre and let the steam and Proraso go to work. The steam combined with the Proraso, makes for a really soft beard as well as the rest of your face.
Give it a try, I really enjoy my new routine.
Cheers, DJ.

I'll give that a try DJ. I usually apply the PPS to my face and leave it there while stropping. Then hit it with a hot towel for a few minutes before lathering. Works well for me. Thanks for the idea.

Jordan

Yep, I got my batch of pre-shave last weekend and I have been using it in the shower since then. It works wonderful and the cooling sensation really takes off to new heights!

I hadn't thought of using in the shower... I usually slap some on right after the shower and let it sit while I whup up my lather.

The only time I don't use the Pre is when I'm using a soap scent that I don't want it to interefere with... MB Lavender Vanilla comes to mind as one of the qualifiers...

That's a really great idea that I probably would have never thought of. Is your face the first or last thing you wash though? If it's first, wouldn't the water wash it off by the end of the shower? If it's last...wouldn't it be about the same as putting it on right out of the shower while making your lather in front of the lavatory? Still, seems like a great idea.

What about shaving IN the shower?

I could see myself putting the pre-shave on while I'm making my lather (while still in the shower) then continue with my normal in the shower shave. Hmmm

My shower lacks two things, light and a mirror, so that's not an option for me. Besides, I know someone who used to shave in the shower with a straight, and had to be rushed to the emergency room because it slipped from his grip and dropped it on himself.

javyn said:
My shower lacks two things, light and a mirror, so that's not an option for me. Besides, I know someone who used to shave in the shower with a straight, and had to be rushed to the emergency room because it slipped from his grip and dropped it on himself.

Do we want to know where he cut himself?

Also, your avatar. Um...What is that? :confused:

I've actually been trying my Proraso Pre Shave in the shower for the last week or two. I wash my head and face with a good face soap, the put on some PPS, soap up the rest, then rinse everything off.

Let me tell ya: You can still feel the cooling effects AND the softening of the hairs afterwards! So.... If you don't want to have the scent interferring with your cream or soap... try this.

Chris

I tried it this afternoon...WOW!

Also, he cut his foot open. The razor hit the curve of the tub and kinda slid across the side of his foot.

I gave this a shot this morning and all I can say is WOW!
proxy.php

When I put it on in the shower, it is absorbed completely by the time I get to shaving, so it doesn't interfere at all for me. Now, I'm able to use the Pre for every shave for that reason.

I have a combined shower/bathtub, and the Prorasso always lives on the edge of the tub. I put it on after I've washed my face in the morning whether showering or bathing. The time on face, steam, and heat really do serve well to soften things up.

javyn said:
When I put it on in the shower, it is absorbed completely by the time I get to shaving, so it doesn't interfere at all for me. Now, I'm able to use the Pre for every shave for that reason.

After reading this thread, I've been using the Pre in the shower for the past week or so. I've had the same experience -- the scent is gone by the time I'm ready for the shave, so there's no conflict with other creams/soaps (even delicate ones like Taylor's Avocado).

It seems to work pretty well for me and is a nice way to help with the wake-up (since I'm not a morning person).

Stauff said:
How is the pre-post for scent interference with perfumed soaps and creams?
Not very good, it interferes a fair amount. It might be worth it after all, but it's not a smell I really love.

I don't know if I am sold on the pre/post in the shower idea... well, not yet at least. I tried it yesterday for the first time and was while I enjoyed the tingly feeling of the pre/post I don't think that it was any more effective (maybe not as effective as) than using hair conditioner on my face as an in-the-shower-pre-shave-treatment. Do we have any other people here who are familiar with both the pre/post applied in the shower and the hair conditioner applied in the shower who would care to add their two cents to this?

Do we have any other people here who are familiar with both the pre/post applied in the shower and the hair conditioner applied in the shower who would care to add their two cents to this?

Yes, I've used this and also used a few hair conditioners, and also Cetaphil cleanser, and also Cetaphil moisturizer. The hair conditioner isn't really great for my skin, it always feels a bit harsh to me. The Cetaphil cleanser is pretty good at softening, although it melts/rinses off pretty easily. The Cetaphil cream ties Proraso for being an excellent softener and also for staying on my face, but I prefer the Proraso for its wonderful cooling effect. It's also slightly pastier, so it stays on my face even if a little water splashes on it.

Top Bottom