What's new

Just ordered the Penhaligon's sampler...

The only bummer about it is that they didn't have a sample in there of Opus...oh well. This is a good start! I'll let you guys know what I think. Hopefully I don't end up smelling like y'olde whore's handbag as with the Ajaccio Violet, haha.

Not to poop on your parade, but you can get the sampler tins from Franco over at Basenotes.com for 6 dollars shipped.

They make excellent traveler containers.

-joedy

I asked them to send me some freebies and they sent some decent sized vials of Endymon, LP #9, Blenheim Bouquet and Douro.

Thanks for the info guys. I'll try to contact Franco and get some of the samples for Opus and the other ones I missed. I went with the other sampler since the old woman wants to try some of the female scents. hehe =)

The tin samplers that Franco is selling is the same one that sells for 20 dollars at Penhaligons.com. Last time I checked, he had something like 50 of the tins left.

There are men's and women's scents in the tin packs. Between the samples that Penhaligon's will send you, you can usually end up trying all of their scents.

The tin sample pack is designed to hold the 1.5ml sample vials that you get as stand-alone samples from Penhaligons.

When I called about getting more than 4 scents, they insisted that their policy is to offer the sample tin pack for $20. If you beg them nicely, they will send you one or two more.

Penhaligon's is a fine fragrance company. Almost universally, everyone can find at least one of their scents agreeable. More likely, though, you will find that several of them appeal to you.

-joedy

I asked for some samples and recieved 5. A few months later I asked for some women's samples and they sent another 4. That said, please don't abuse the samples. This is before I realized that I had a local Penhaligon's store.

Maybe they'll be a little more understanding if I ask for samples of the other ones after paying for the first batch. I hope? lol

I dropped the London office a polite email this morning and asked if they could send me 2 samples, no reply as yet but i have my fingers crossed.

There's actually a stockist in the next town to me, in a really old school chemist shop. I may have to pop over there on saturday. :drool:

I got the shipment today, and they actually sent me a sample of #9 to try as well. I put the Endymion on this morning and here's what I thought:
I have read that some people think that this is an older man's scent? Maybe I'm starting to show my age at 28, but I decided that a better name for this cologne would be Time Warp. Here's why: I slapped some on about 9:00 or so, when I got it. At first, I could see why some people might say this cologne is for older men. At around 10:00, as I was walking to my class, I noticed that the smell had "morphed" into a much "younger" smelling cologne. It had to have lasted on me around 8 or 9 hours. The women seemed to like the smell of it on me. I had about 5 of them ask me what it was. Normally, the guys around here wear stuff like Cool Water, Polo Sport, etc, so this one was pretty unique and refreshing I guess.

First lesson learned today was that there are many colognes that smell different on one person's skin vs. another's.

Second lesson was that everyone smells different things in the exact same cologne.

Third thing is that I was impressed how many different things I could smell going on in the Penhaligon's colognes as opposed to some of the other stuff I've smelled around here. I now understand why the price is higher too.

Well anyways, those are some of my thoughts on my first Penhaligon experience and I look forward to trying out the rest of them. I'd like to thank B&B for introducing me to some of these more sophisticated colognes and for providing me with a new disorder, CAD! :scared:

Joedy said:
Not to poop on your parade, but you can get the sampler tins from Franco over at Basenotes.com for 6 dollars shipped.

They make excellent traveler containers.

-joedy

Joedy, I've not been to Basenotes.com. Can you post a link to the sample pack that Franco is selling? I'm interested too! Do you know if shoplondons.com in Charlottesville sells them too?

London's sells them too yes, but 6 bucks from this person can't be beat. BTW, is this person reputable to buy full bottles from? The whole shelf wear clause has me kind of worried.

I ordered 5 bottles and a sampler pack for my dopp kit.

No problems.

I only wished that Franco still had some Opus, Castile and Racquets.

-joedy

Is there anyone aside from Franco on basenotes, or anywhere else that sells Penhaligon's tester bottles for that great of a price?

JohnnyWolf said:
Is there anyone aside from Franco on basenotes, or anywhere else that sells Penhaligon's tester bottles for that great of a price?

Not that I've seen. I am sure Scotto would have just bought them all up at once anyways.

Chris

Top Bottom