What's new

Beautiful straight shave!

Hi Folks..
Just a follow up to a post here
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=49501
that I did a couple of months ago when I first started straight shaving.
Today I had the best shave I can ever remember!
I have really got the hang of the straight and am down to about 10-15 mins.
My face feels great and very smooth, but with no redness or cuts.
I have been getting a little better each time I shave and the left hand is even better than my dominant right.
I think I got the stropping down better now though - I can just hear when I am getting it right.
So, to all those out there thinking about taking the plunge...I urge you to get started!

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
i just got mine last week from flee market. sharpen them but not sharp enough to give me good shave

Depending on where you live it would be smart to send it out to a honemeister and get it shave ready. You might send them some pics of it just in case it is beyond restoration... or not worth the 15 to 20 bucks plus shipping to have it done. Most of these guys stay real busy so it could take some time. i have used Josh Earl in the past with excellent results.

Great to hear on your shave. I just finished with my Str8 razor shave tonite, I really like doing the night time shave.
I can take my time, I am wide a wake, it is a relaxing experience knowing I am in no rush. So this is the time where I shine.
I work on my techniques(as I am still new to this).
And I work on getting a BBS skin.
I have achieved that, The hardest get real smooth is the area by my Adams apple, it really takes time and patients.

I have a few Str8 razors, by far my favorite razor is the Dovo with the Prima Klang Blade, absolutely the smoothest, and closest shaver I have.

Cheers

Robert

Soop - that's great news...glad to hear its going so well! Straights are tough to learn put the challenge has been a lot of the fun for me.

Top Bottom