What's new

Why real men like to shave with real razors..

I've been wondering why DE shaving is so comforting and why I'm looking forward to it every morning. DE shaving is a subtle reminder that we have evolved from the hairy ape. :tongue: My theory is that DE shaving is one of the primordial instincts of evolved men. It holds a sense of danger (cutting yourself), it's comforting and in the end you feel civilized. I compare it to other "manly" things like making fire, driving fast cars, dating exotic women. Ah well, most of those things I don't do every day anymore :biggrin:

there is nothing like the feel of a fine METAL razor in your hand, as compared to the wimpy plastic Fushion/Mach 3 gizmos.......

there is nothing like the feel of a fine METAL razor in your hand, as compared to the wimpy plastic Fushion/Mach 3 gizmos.......

Besides when the oil is gone (and the plastic which is produced from it), we'll still be shaving. The plastic boys will have to convert or get hairy. :001_smile

I've been wondering why DE shaving is so comforting and why I'm looking forward to it every morning. DE shaving is a subtle reminder that we have evolved from the hairy ape. :tongue: My theory is that DE shaving is one of the primordial instincts of evolved men. It holds a sense of danger (cutting yourself), it's comforting and in the end you feel civilized. I compare it to other "manly" things like making fire, driving fast cars, dating exotic women. Ah well, most of those things I don't do every day anymore :biggrin:

Cutting yourself!! Don't make me laugh! Us straight shavers get a thrill from knowing we might bleed out into the sink before our wives find us in the morning.

Besides when the oil is gone (and the plastic which is produced from it), we'll still be shaving. The plastic boys will have to convert or get hairy. :001_smile

Well judging by some of the men (especially young men) I see around -- that's not going to be a real dilemma.
Ever since I've jumped on this wet shaving bandwagon, I have started noticing the truly awful attempts at shaving and facial hair styling being sported by much of todays male youth.
In a couple of years I can't wait to forbid my daughter to date these Neanderthals.

Well judging by some of the men (especially young men) I see around -- that's not going to be a real dilemma.
Ever since I've jumped on this wet shaving bandwagon, I have started noticing the truly awful attempts at shaving and facial hair styling being sported by much of todays male youth.
In a couple of years I can't wait to forbid my daughter to date these Neanderthals.

Which is probably the best way to ensure that she becomes interested in them. Nothing (in my experience) makes someone more determined to do something than forbidding them to do it. :wink: :cool:

The younger generation seems to not find it necessary to shave. I pride myself in a good shave now. And notice others unkempt hair and shave...am I an elitist?

Top Bottom