What's new

Package arrived from SE and my 1st wetshave

wooohooo,

everything I'd hoped for on my 1st DE shave - so glad I found this place! Maaaaan, the nightmare of using disposables is over. If I got lucky then great, but I got one of the best shaves ever. The hot water ran out so I only took one pass.

My package from Shaving Essentials* arrived so I jumped in the shower.
Contents:

Merkur 38C
Derby Blades
J.M. Fraser Cream

I lathered in some hair conditioner and let it sit for a couple minutes, rinsed.
Hand applied\massaged in J.M. Fraser Cream (I don't have a brush yet), rinsed.
Re applied J.M. worked up a nice lather (probably barely adequate)
After earlier watching Mantic59's Youtube I did the down stroke pass. I only really made one pass so the shave is totally a newb result but dang, sure beats the last year of C*ostco bulk Gillettes. tommorrow or the next day I'll go for multiple passes. What fun!

*Like everyone seems to say, yes, the best service ever. I'll be back there for more product asap.

Thanks B&B!

Cedarnote-
Congrats! I too am a Newbie and literally got online to share my good news about receiving my order from Vintage Blades (Merkur HD 34C, Taylor's Avocado Shaving Cream, and a nice note from Erin.) You however, already successfully tried your razor out. I just completed my last Gillete shower shave last night so I will more likely try out my wears on Wednesday. In the meantime, I will continue finish Mantic59's You Tube and re-iterate to my 3 1/2 year old not to handle my new razor and why (She was as excited as me getting my UPS package.)

hehe, thats great wawak007! Best wishes for your 1st shave.

Turns out that my face it a little red, so I guess I got rid of some old skin. But still, soft and smooth. Man what a big gain over the old disposables!

I gotta try that Avacado Cream, I'll check into some of that.

Try a feather blade or Gillette DE (nothing like the cartridge!!!)

Also get Taylors of Old Bond St (scent is your choice) ...

You'll never go back :jump:

View attachment 25732View attachment 25733

Welcome and congrats on your first attempt. You will definitely want to invest in a decent brush. The lather will be so much better and will help with the shave. Check out the reviews section of this site if you haven't already. Lots of good ideas about products and tools there. Get yourself a drugstore aftershave to help w/ the post shave redness and irritation. Any will do; AV blue is a pretty popular standby around here. I have taken to Pinauds Clubman of late, and I just bought some of their Bay Rum too. It's alright but the Clubman is good stuff. Good luck and keep us posted.

Doc, I've got the West Coast Shaving sample pack coming, so that'll get me into some Feather and Gillette blades. I'm excitied to try those! Oh, and I do want to try the Taylors.

Eagle abides, thanks dude for the recomends. I did put on some AS balm. But do want to try various splashes. The Wesley & Scott balm is nice though, not oily, but light weight, and the smell is lightweight too. Anway, I'll put Pinauds Clubman on my try\buy list...If you've compared it to Booster Polar Ice please let me know your findings! :)

Ha ha, don't let these guys clutter your head with a bunch of cream recommendations.

You need some Tabac, Kent, and/or any other of their tallow-based soap brethren!
Plus a nice badger hair brush for lathering on your face!

Just kidding, you'll find your way. Welcome to the mix. I myself was once a poor uneducated C*stco Gillette disposable/cold gel shaver. Those days are thankfully gone.

A-OK Koso.

Hey, I just just stepped out, and came back to my apartment that now smells like a BARBER SHOP! Wild, pretty good fresh scent. And Smart smelling. Apprently due to my higher class living (DE shaving) or from the Fraser cream, and W&C Lime Balm (Wesley & Scott from Shaving Essentials).

Life is good 'round here!

I share your enthusiasm for being off disposables; I've doing the DE thing for about a month now, and it's night and day.

Welcome.

Top Bottom