What's new

Laphroaig 10 y.o. C/S in Atlanta

Anyone know where I can buy a bottle of this in the Atlanta area? I'd like to try it but it's not available locally.

Thanks!

Anyone know where I can buy a bottle of this in the Atlanta area? I'd like to try it but it's not available locally.

Thanks!

I know the Toco Giant carries Laphroaig, but I don't know about the cask strength. It's just around the corner from my apartment complex, so I can check for you if you're going to be inside the Perimeter sometime soon?

I see you're from Auburn so I'll make this very simple and clear (Roll Tide! :wink:):

From I-85, take the North Druid Hills Exit (heading east or RIGHT coming from the south) Toco Hills shopping center will be on your right in a mile or so; look for the new Steak n Shake on the corner just past the Dunkin' Donuts, then turn into the big shopping center.

Greens beverage probably carries it (on Ponce de Leon, headed for Downtown from Briarcliff/Moreland avenue, near City Hall East), but I can't swear to that.

You'll really like this scotch. It's pretty spicy and warm for a southern summer, but in the winter, I really like it. Either way, the cask strength virtually requires some water! Not sure that I'd drive three hours to get it though -- and I know I've bought some Laphroaig cask strength in Alabama in the last ten years, but I can't say for sure where (and it might be three hours from Auburn anyway).

Yes, I guess I'd like to know if Toco Giant has it, but don't go out of your way to check on it. Did you go to Alabama? haha. Well, if you're not from here we have the state ABC stores and as far as I know every store carries the same inventory. I already checked and know that I can't buy it here, so I thought that the next time I'm in Atlanta I'd pick up a bottle for the winter. Then I'll go eat at the Varsity!

Thanks again for the detailed reply!

Shoppers Vineyard in Clifton does ship nationally, but the cost may be prohibitive.

Thanks. I've checked on that from a few internet sources and from what I can tell they won't send anything to Alabama because the state has a monopoly on liquor here.

Actually, I don't drink much, but I stumbled on that great single malt whiskey site from Amsterdam and so when I was down in Florida I bought a bottle of Balvenie Doublewood to give it a try. I could have bought that locally but I got it $12 cheaper down there so it was worth it.

Yes, I guess I'd like to know if Toco Giant has it, but don't go out of your way to check on it. Did you go do Alabama? haha.

Yeah, 4th generation Alabama graduate (I got an MS in 1998). My grandmother taught music there for 35 years; my uncle played football for The Bear during two championship seasons. My father met my mother decorating a homecoming display. They wouldn't have disowned me for not attending, but it was nice that I had a chance to.

Well, if you're not from here we have the state ABC stores and as far as I know every store carries the same inventory.

Sure, the ABC stores won't have a great selection, but some towns (Bham, Huntsville) have beverage stores that carry better selections.

Thanks again for the detailed reply!

You're welcome! I'll check the Toco Giant in a day or two, if you're not in a hurry.

Yeah, 4th generation Alabama graduate (I got an MS in 1998).

Well, I guess you're excused if you're fourth generation! I'm third generation Auburn so I understand completely. Sounds like you have a lot of interesting stories, too! Can't say that I do on my side.

Thanks for the help. There's plenty of time as I probably won't be up there again for weeks. You did have a good idea, though, and that was to check the stores in Birmingham and Huntsville. The funny thing, though, is that Atlanta is actually closer.

Yes, there are restrictions from what I've found out. Many, or all (?) companies will not ship to Alabama.

I had a feeling that was the case. I can't get everything here, fortunately I have the option of mail order. Good luck on getting a hold of a bottle. It's worth tracking down.

I have it down the street at Roswell Beverage and can get price and strength. So shipping is prohibited? Even if I pack it good:)

+1 on Toco Hills. They seem to have one of the bigger selections in town. You could also try Pearsons guy off the intersection of Peacthree St. & West Paces Ferry.

S

sullivanpm

Beav
If your ever in B'ham check out Dee's abc store on Green Springs Highway. They carry the Laphroaig your looking for but, Atl is closer than B'ham to Auburn.
BTW
Third generation Auburn grad here.
Class of 2001
War Damn Eagle

There are a couple of good spirits stores here in Tuscaloosa, so I'll check around for your Laphroaig. If it's here, in the spirit of peace and brotherhood, I'd be happy to send it your way.

This topic has been covered here briefly before, but this is my where my office is located on the campus here at UA in Tuscaloosa:

proxy.php

(hotlinked, sorry Cathy!)

More info about where I work can be found here:

Housing and Residential Communities at UA

Roll Tide.

There are several streets in Atlanta with "Peachtree" as part of their name (not all of which are listed here), including Peachtree Creek Road, Peachtree Lane, Peachtree Avenue, Peachtree Circle, Peachtree Drive, Peachtree Plaza, Peachtree Way, Peachtree Memorial Drive, New Peachtree Road, Peachtree Walk, and Peachtree Valley Road. West Peachtree Street is not the western branch of Peachtree Street, but a major parallel north-south street located one block west of Peachtree Street running through Midtown. Others include Peachtree Battle Avenue, commemorating the Battle of Peachtree Creek, Peachtree-Dunwoody Road running between Peachtree Street and Dunwoody, Georgia, and Old Peachtree Road, which traces part of the route of the original Peachtree Trail for which the road is named. Some of these streets intersect with Peachtree Street, others are extensions of it, and some are nowhere near it.

No there are no peach trees on peachtree anymore!

Southern Wine & Spirits at W. Paces Ferry and Northside Pkwy carries it, right off I-75 north as you leave the city limits headed toward Marietta.

Oh, and at last count, there were 9,437 streets in metro Atlanta with "Peachtree" in the name :wink:.

Top Bottom