What's new

Many thanks fellows!

C

canolin

Hi All -

I just want to say hello and thanks to all you guys for the great info here on B&B and for your dedication to the art of shaving. I found this place just last week and it's been very helpful; an oasis on the net!

I started shaving with a DE razor last year, mainly due to economics. I'd been using a Gillette Trak II double edge for many years and hating shaving. I finally got fed up with paying 15 to 20 bucks for decent cartidges. Plus, the stupidity of the 'more blades equals close shave' trend just put me over the edge, as it were...

While traveling I bought a cased 1955 Gillette Diplomat from an antique store, not knowing what it was, but it was in very good shape. I started DE shaving that night, not knowing what the hell I was doing, and my face showed it!... I persevered, and got better at it, though still not doing it properly and not really getting close shaves.

Finally I got off my duff and started researching how to shave properly with a DE and was immediately directed here. The B&B community and resources are fantastic, and I want to say thanks to all you dedicated guys for helping me finally get a great shave and enjoy the ritual that I formerly used to loathe.

And thanks for helping me save a lot of money! Please keep it up!...

All the best,

Chris Nolin

Top Bottom