What's new

Introducing the Speakeasy Spirit of the Month

We are introducing a new project here at B&B, every month a new spirit will be selected and those interested are encouraged to pick up a bottle or try it out at a bar and discuss it here at B&B. All opinions and tasting notes are welcome.

Now this is a great idea!

I hope my wallet holds out. :lol:

Edit: Quick question that immediately sprang up as an afterthought. Will other discussion in regards to accompaniments of the spirit such as tobacco and food encouraged or discouraged. For example, cigar A and chocolate B go excellently with spirit C.

Edit: Quick question that immediately sprang up as an afterthought. Will other discussion in regards to accompaniments of the spirit such as tobacco and food encouraged or discouraged. For example, cigar A and chocolate B go excellently with spirit C.

Encouraged!

sounds cool!

I just picked up a bottle of cachaça to try my hand at making caipirinhas, and they are delicious! I was motivated by some posts on B&B. The upside of this beverage: it's likely that it will be a new experience for the majority of people. The downside: I don't know any other drinks to make with it, although this article lists some recipes, as does this one.

As some animated guy on TV once said, "Brilliant!"

Here's my vote, motivated solely by selfishness. I have a few bottles of hard-to-justify expensive Scotch, Vodka, and Tequila, and I haven't tried a good Bourbon since, well, I cant' remember. So my vote is for Timmy or one of our other knowledgable gurus to pick a great Bourbon.

I love the idea. Has a spirit been choosen for July or will this start in August? I look forward to drinking with all of you

Prepare to see lots of posts from me bitching about not being able to find anything locally be it beer, whisky, vodka, rum, or anything else for that matter.

I nominate Miller Lite for August. :lol:

As some animated guy on TV once said, "Brilliant!"

Here's my vote, motivated solely by selfishness. I have a few bottles of hard-to-justify expensive Scotch, Vodka, and Tequila, and I haven't tried a good Bourbon since, well, I cant' remember. So my vote is for Timmy or one of our other knowledgable gurus to pick a great Bourbon.

Howsabout Knob Creek??

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Welcome to B&B&B! :biggrin:

"Sorry, dear, I had to buy that bottle of Johnnie Walker Gold ... we're using it as our 'Spirit of the Month' at B&B ... "

:001_rolle

Top Bottom