What's new

I almost gave up looking

For the past several months it seems like all the dealers and in the area have had very little in the way of safety razors. One dealer even told me that there is a collector(E-Bayer) that wears a t-shirt with a safety razor on the front captioned with "I buy safety razors" on it. He attends all the area antique shows and is a regular at flea-markets, I personally do not have the time and am not in this for a profit. Today at lunch I must have found an area he does not go and was fortunate to find my first vintage British Gillette. I paid a whopping 2.00 :biggrin:

That's a great idea, I think I will post a two full page spread add in the New York Times, Washington Post, Chicago Tribune and Los Angeles Times and USA Today looking to buy safety razors. I wonder how many phone calls and emails I'd get? LOL!!!

Like the original poster I've started peeping into places looking for the holy grail and up until today it was an exercise in wearing shoe leather....

Today I stepped into a small emporium that I'd never even noticed until today and they had 3 DEs, 2 Rolls (still in original packing) and a straight....

1 Gold coloured fatboy (lost some plating but otherwise good)
1 that I've not positively identified yet, but looks like a Rocket.
1 other that looked like a "new" but it was very very beaten up

Only the last one had a price on of £3.... so I said to the little old lady running the store - how much for these two (waving the FB & potential rocket) - she said how about £8 the pair... we haggled a bit and I ended up paying £3 for the pair :D

Pictures when I get the change after I get back from holiday.... and I've cleaned them up.

1 Gold coloured fatboy (lost some plating but otherwise good)
1 that I've not positively identified yet, but looks like a Rocket.

... so I said to the little old lady running the store - how much for these two (waving the FB & potential rocket) - she said how about £8 the pair... we haggled a bit and I ended up paying £3 for the pair :D

NICE! I am jealous. I look forward to the pictures!

Top Bottom