What's new

white is the new red

for those fans of proraso red, you may want to check out the white-tubbed aloe + green tea soap (which, actually, is more akin to a thick cream a la taylor's). i've just finished my first shave with it and am astounded at its mildness (which may actually beat out red, if you can believe it) and effectivity.

also, apparently i committed an infraction by naming a vendor who has remaining stock of the proraso red. although the post before mine named and linked a vendor, i received a warning for this infraction today and would like to offer an apology for this oversight... no offense intended.

so are we good now?

The mods are very serious when it comes to sock monkeys trying to infiltrate the club. Especially when they cross their arms in a threatening manner. The website you were probably referring to was a Russian based heroin dealing site that uses a front selling shaving stuff-proraso red-AKA Panamanian Red- the best Mary Jane this side of the Pacific. Proraso Green- Mowie Wowie. Gold Dachs- Acupulcan Gold- Nancy Boy---un cut blow. I have been warned as well, its all OK!

proxy.php

Proraso red? Never heard of it, never posted about it, never bought it. :innocent:

Does the white stuff come in a tube as well, or just the tub?

sanpaku --

The Proraso White soap tub was introduced in Canada last fall; don't believe that it has been available in the US yet. Initial reactions were quite positive.

-- John Gehman

also, apparently i committed an infraction by naming a vendor who has remaining stock of the proraso red. although the post before mine named and linked a vendor, i received a warning for this infraction today and would like to offer an apology for this oversight... no offense intended.

so are we good now?

yep, that was one of my infractions too. :(

I also got into big trouble posting a glass crack pipe as my "favorite pipe" in the speakeasy forum:frown: I thought it was hillarious, personally.:frown::mad:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

OldSaw

The wife's investment
sanpaku --

The Proraso White soap tub was introduced in Canada last fall; don't believe that it has been available in the US yet. Initial reactions were quite positive.

-- John Gehman

Sounds like I may have to make another run up to the Soo. Or I could just order it, I guess. :rolleyes:

the white comes in the tub only at the moment. mine came via a mailorder vendor who will positively remain anonymous. however, despite it being billed as a shaving soap it has the consistency of a very thick cream (as i mentioned above a la taylors of old bond street if you've ever checked that lineup out).

one negative comment i can't get out of my mind was from one critic who compared the scent to pumpkin guts of all things. wrong. it smells of a slightly lighter and fresher version of the red. another day or so to access its longer term skincare properties and i'll know for certain if its a true keeper (magic 8-ball says...).

a day and a half after my first shave, and after having washed my face for two days with it in lieu of my daily face wash (!), i can tell you that this is a super fine and super mild cream/soap (i can't bring myself to call it a soap - it simply isn't firm and soap-like imho). tomorrow will be my second shave and i'm really looking forward to it. this despite the la toja parcel that arrived from portugal today... (1 sensitive/1 regular/1 sensitive asb) :biggrin:

Barclay crocker stocks it too ?
si, si...

with today's shave, i used the tub as a soap bowl and lathered directly in it. previously, i scooped small portions out to lather up in my cream/soap bowl. whoa. huge difference in lathering up. for me, this stuff just keeps getting better.

then there's the la toja sensibile. another thread for another day.

I like it a lot. One of my favorite soap/creams. Like the rest of you, I can't decide of it's a soft soap or a very thick cream. Whatever it is, it gives a great shave and leaves the skin feeling nice.

sanpaku --

-- John Gehman
I'm working a lot up in Canada these days - Any ideas where I might be able to find some of this up here? I checked out a London Drug and didn't find much of interest there.

the white comes in the tub only at the moment. mine came via a mailorder vendor who will positively remain anonymous. however, despite it being billed as a shaving soap it has the consistency of a very thick cream (as i mentioned above a la taylors of old bond street if you've ever checked that lineup out).

one negative comment i can't get out of my mind was from one critic who compared the scent to pumpkin guts of all things. wrong. it smells of a slightly lighter and fresher version of the red. another day or so to access its longer term skincare properties and i'll know for certain if its a true keeper (magic 8-ball says...).

It has a light eucalyptus fragrance.

Top Bottom