What's new

New guy with questions

Hi everybody! I'm new to this site and I have to admit that I have enjoyed reading the post and the reviews. I have a couple of questions that I hope somebody would be able to answer. First question, I have a 1959 fatboy and the adjustible knob doesn't click into place. I think its because the little piece of metal is bend. Does anybody know how to take the razor apart and fix it or has the razor seen its last shave?
Second question is, I have a super speed and I was wondering what is the comparible setting on the fatboy. Thank you

Try turning the adjuster while pushing in the black thing above it (inside it). You will need something small.

3 would be close to a superspeed.

Welcome to B&B!

There was a thread a few weeks ago about taking Fat Boys apart. A good search should find it . . . hey, found the take apart link:

http://vintagesaws.com/fatboy/fatboy.html

There are other repair threads. Have a look! Good luck.

This is a grea post to read about the dissasembly of an FB.
Also, a short boil will often loosen gunk build up inside but d not boil it for more than 5 minutes and never boil a gold razor.

Good Luck

Welcome to B&B

can't help you beyond whats posted above except to say if your razor is broke it is a perfect excuse to buy another or two.... :biggrin:

As mentioned already I would try the boil first. When I boil I put the razor in a vegetable steamer (still below the water line) so it doesn't get scorched at the bottom of the pot.

I believe folks say that a FatBoy at 3 is close to the blade gap on a SuperSpeed.

I hope you get the adjustment working again, good luck!

Top Bottom