What's new

Should I?

Several years ago when I worked in the mail room of a leading commercial real estate company, I moved a credenza for one of the leading agents. She gave me a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue, thinking it was nothing more than just a cheap bottle of whiskey that had been given to her earlier as a gift. I've been holding onto it ever since and never opened it. I have since purchased a glass of it, and though I'm not a Scotch connoisseur, I must admit to liking this very much. I know it is not rare by any means, but I would never purchase this for myself. So my dillemma is......do I hold onto this as say....a partial barter for a good road bike, or do I just open it and enjoy it when the occasion calls for it? I typically don't spend big money on this grade of alcohol.

Be careful with good scotch, it leads directly to more good scotch! Before you know it, you've got a whole cabinetfull of tasty, delicious, fine scotches.

There are plenty of excellent single malts that cost a lot less than the blue :biggrin:

thats the problem when something becomes famous, supplying demand becomes more important then providing quality, glendisch was the triangualr bottle ? that was quite good, just look for the buck on the label.

My advice here my shock a lot of the members, but I would trade it, no contest absolutely use it as part of your trade, don't bother drinking it. There are many other better (and far less expensive)whiskies out there you could have on had to pull out occasionally. Rick's right, if you just want a nice easy drinking Scotch to have on hand, pick up a bottle of JW Black

My advice here my shock a lot of the members, but I would trade it, no contest absolutely use it as part of your trade, don't bother drinking it. There are many other better (and far less expensive)whiskies out there you could have on had to pull out occasionally. Rick's right, if you just want a nice easy drinking Scotch to have on hand, pick up a bottle of JW Black

I agree. I'd trade it without a second thought.

I agree. I'd trade it without a second thought.

Yeah, I think I'll try a partial trade on craigslist for a good road bike or something. I like good scotch but really it's wasted on me. It didn't cost me a thing and could bring me a little closer to a good bike. I just need to control myself on nights when I'm out of good drinks and that is all I have left. I've had it for almost five years, I suppose I can hold out a bit longer.

Thanks guys.

Since she did not know what she was giving you; I would contact her and explain what she gave you is a very expensive Scotch and offer to return it. I do not feel comfortable profiting from someone's ignorance and you may well be the better off for having done so. Speaking for myself, I have never regretted doing so; goes around, comes around.

Top Bottom