What's new

Lip Balm request

Dont knock it until you try it....

For really horrible problems I put on triple antibiotic ointment from www.Melaleuca.com.

It is very similar to Neosporin..in fact I use Neosporin as well when I am out of the TAO.

Try Weleda's Ever-On Lip Balm. This can be found at most natural grocery stores/Whole Foods. It has a very faint rose scent to it. And no mint/menthol/camphor !!!!

Chris

Yeah, I don't know what your threshold for camphor/menthol is, but Carmex is pretty amazing stuff. It works so well for me that I put it on for about 2 minutes and then wipe it off—and I'm fixed right up.

I don't understand how they stay in business. If those inexpensive little containers weren't so easy to lose in a car seat or a couch they would last for years.

I just checked, what I have been using is "Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment". It's really good stuff. I also have some Blistex Daily Conditioning Treatment in a tub you have to use your finger with that I haven't tried yet.

The ointment is an analgesic, so it does have a menthol feeling though, which I like. I love Proraso, and used to smoke menthols...so a little cooling lip balm is A-OK w/ me.

Kiss My Face makes really good lip balm. It's organic and all six flavors give SPF 15 protection. It comes in Vanilla Honey, Strawberry, TreatMint (which I know you won't be getting), Sliced Peach, Cranberry Orange, and Ginger Mango. You can find a lot of the KMF products nowadays at Old Navy.

Shane

mr_economy said:
Ganache for Lips is simultaneously the best functioning and smelling/tasting lip balm I have ever used. Stumbled upon it by accident in a French goods store here (even though, like Nancy Boy, this company is based in San Francisco). I have the Vanilla Mousse flavor, and though it may sound a bit feminine, this stuff is delicious! As an added bonus, most of my favorite fragrances have a major vanilla component, and it just adds to the pleasure of wearing them.
Thanks for this recommendation - I picked up some of the Vanilla Mousse (and have Chocolate Raspberry on the way), and I agree, it is delicious. Not that I've tasted any on purpose. No, of course not.

It works very well, doesn't leave as big a residue as other products, and the smell... oh, the smell... :001_wub: :001_tt1:

I use home made lip balm, with Bee's wax, almond oil and honey. It works better than everything I've tried commercially. You can also scent it with some essential oil, but it smells just fine without it.

Nenad

If you dont mind spending $10 for it L'occitane has a nice one but me personally im a burtbees guy...I have 3 or 4 tubes lying around the house and boat.

I'm definately partial to the Jack Black Lip Balm. Anthony Logistics Vanilla is a close second and my wife likes both the tastes when she gets a sample off of me.

Scott

I just picked up some Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm. It is not at all overly "minty" to me in the slightest. Ingredients:

Coconut oil, beeswax, sweet almond oil, peppermint oil, vitamin E, lanolin, comfrey root extract, rosemary extract.

Good stuff - I find it better than Blistex, Carmex, Chapstick that I have used previously.

I still am curious what Jim tried and liked though, since he started this thread and all... :biggrin:

Dennis

Thanks Sean and all the other suggestions-:biggrin:

I spend alot of time outdoors in the winter 8-10-12 hours at a time in sometimes - degrees and my lips get shot I have actually come home with my lips bleeding!
- I found that I need a barrier type cream to keep them from drying out chapping and splitting. The leader of the pack for now is chapstick Natural no scent or MINT

Goosemeplease said:
Thanks Sean and all the other suggestions-:biggrin:

I spend alot of time outdoors in the winter 8-10-12 hours at a time in sometimes - degrees and my lips get shot I have actually come home with my lips bleeding!
- I found that I need a barrier type cream to keep them from drying out chapping and splitting. The leader of the pack for now is chapstick Natural no scent or MINT

Now I that you list specifics, I use this:
http://www.drugstore.com/qxp17010_3...rwegian_formula/hand_cream_fragrance_free.htm

When I spend piles of time outdoors, this lives in my backpack for hands, elbows, and lips. Should be available most grocery stores.

Dennis

I like Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm, but if I'm outside in extreme weather, before leaving home, I apply Bag Balm. Greasy, yucky, and very effective!

Randy

Top Bottom