What's new

Guys night out in VA at Capital Ale House, Midlothian VA!

Ok, all this talk of brewing beer, drinking whiskey, and smoking cigars has inspired me to make this post.

For anyone in or around, Richmond, Midlothian, Chester, Henrico, Powhatan, or anywhere else that you want to drive in from, I think tomarrow would be a fun night for a mid-week get together at Capital Alehouse up the road here.

The address and details:
Midlothian Village
13831 Village Place Drive (off Midlothian Turnpike two miles east of Route 288)
Midlothian, VA 23114
804-780-ALES
Hours of Operation
Monday – Saturday 11:00 AM – 1:30 AM

Who and where:
We are not going to have an official reservation in the morning, unless there are more then 6 people saying they are going to be there. I will let them know a group is showing up. (they don't actually take reservations.)

Who is welcome:
You, or anyone who isn't coming for some drama, just a simple guys night out, and have a few of really high quality beers, and some good conversation.

What beer list?:
The list is life

So intrested? Can you be the guy and get away from your wife that night? I am sending mine to work so I will be there. AACJ is joining me, and we figured it would be a good and easy meet and great for anyone.

How to join us?:
If you respond here, either I or AACJ will PM you and give you the name the party will be under.

What if I miss the time for PM's and come at the last min, read between the parenthesis?:
This (the) is (reservation) a (is) fun (going) outing (to) to (be) meet (under) (Badger) people (and) in (Blade) the (or) area (B&B) open (RSVP) to (if) all (possible) and if you figured out the previous portion of this riddle, you will fit right in. I doubt the Alehouse will be full but if this turns into a meeting of 30, it can be a bit tough if they don't have the wait staff.

So that being said, if you are free tomarrow respond here, and we will get you some contact info. If not, we will plan another one of these in the future.

CR

Unfortunately, tonight is not a good night for me (work), but Capital Ale is one of the BEST places! I go to the West End one as often as possible!

Keep me posted on future nights. Just a bit too far and too short notice for me to make it this evening, I'm afraid. I'll lift a pint at home tonight in your honor, though! :smile:

I'm a huge fan of belgium beers so if you'd like I can recommend some. I regularly drive across the belgium border to stock up on beer and gas, can't blame me. :lol:

My recommendations:
Blond ales: Leffe Blond (my all time favorite beer)
Doubles/brown: Corsendonck (Kasteel donker is a good second)
Golden ales: Duvel (Devil in english, you can't go wrong with that name)
Triples: Kasteel triple
Trappist: Westmalle tripel

All fairly common beers in my region (thank god I live 10km from the border) and you can't go wrong with any of these.

I'm a huge fan of belgium beers so if you'd like I can recommend some. I regularly drive across the belgium border to stock up on beer and gas, can't blame me. :lol:

My recommendations:
Triples: Kasteel triple
All fairly common beers in my region (thank god I live 10km from the border) and you can't go wrong with any of these.

First of Oxi, I hate you for being that close to Belgium. The Triple that I am fermenting right now is based off of Kasteel's recipe.

Well it was a good time even if AAJC couldn't make it at the last min. It also happened to be steal a glass night, which I didn't think about... This one came home.

proxy.php

Hope to see everyone at the next one.

Ha ha, I've been at many a "steal a glass nights" at Sine in Shockoe bottom.

Let's reschedule sometime for next week, I have most of the week off.

Well it was a good time even if AAJC couldn't make it at the last min. It also happened to be steal a glass night, which I didn't think about... This one came home.

proxy.php

Hope to see everyone at the next one.

I thought Starr Hill was closing? If you're on the Corner often, Mike's Bistro Black Adders were always an enjoyable beverage.

Unfortunatly, I think it was just a party for one, I wasn't able to make it without my wife filing for divorce (I went fishing that morning after working the night shift and she was stuck with the kids all day, and some other stuff). I feel awful that CelticRaven had to go at it alone, although Capital Ale House has a great clientel, I am sure anyone going, even by themselves would have a good time, but that is no excuse for me.....

Sorry Celtic Raven!! I WILL make it next time.

Now, a show of hands, who CAN make it next week? And what DAY next week will work for everyone?

You can count me in Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday....I work Friday night.

Top Bottom