What's new

Soap storage?

From the beginning of my wet-shaving days, I've been using Proraso cream and building lather in a soup bowl, but last week I decided, with the end of my tube of Proraso, to switch to soap and give it a try. I ordered (or thought I ordered...) Tabac in the bowl, but what I received was a refill (damn online store with their misleading pictures).

So, my question is, what should I do with my soap? How/in what should I store it so that it will last?

Many of us have been keepin our soaps in Ramekin containers available at any Target/Walmart.

I have both the Clear and the Black ones and let me say - the Black ones are >>>>>> than the clear ones.

The lids on the clear containers split after a month or two of use.

proxy.php

If you like it and think you would use it again, just order yourself up the product in the bowl and save the one you have for when that bowl is used up. Or you could just put it in any old mug or bowl. It's soap, it will keep. You can always cover it with cellophane if your concerned. Good luck.

J

Jarmo P

It does not affect the lathering qualities if you keep it in an open container, the only thing that gets lost is the scent.

You could as someone posted order a new bowl with soap and dry the current soap and then keep it in a plastic bag until needed to be used as a refill. Part of charm using Tabac is the nice bowl and some plastic tupperware container is a poor substitute.

Thanks, guys. Those are all helpful suggestions. Any suggestions on a good place to buy Tabac in the bowl? I've done a google search, but I'm a bit gun-shy at this point and don't want to be in possession of two refills.

Thanks, guys. Those are all helpful suggestions. Any suggestions on a good place to buy Tabac in the bowl? I've done a google search, but I'm a bit gun-shy at this point and don't want to be in possession of two refills.

Bought mine from Amazon.com. You know what you're getting as they have pictures of everything.

I stick mine in little pastic pots of small coffee mugs. This seems to work well for triple milled and glycerin soaps alike

the same thing happened to me! (I ordered from Hampton Essentials ) I just put my Tabac into a coffee mug. I am also gun shy and looking for a place to buy Tabac with bowl. :confused:

Bought mine from Amazon.com. You know what you're getting as they have pictures of everything.

+1 It's especially reasonable if you have Amazon Prime (no shipping charges) or can combine shipping charges to get no cost.

QED has a very good price in general, but shipping might or might not make it better than Amazon. Then again, buying just one thing from Charles @ QED is often a challenge, so shipping costs can get amortized...

I have Anchor brand glass storage containers and Gladware plastic storage containers... all from WalMart.

Oops...+1 to this, too. I use the Anchor Hocking primarily. They work very well. Most pucks of soap fit right in the 1 cup size, and you can easily grate any that won't fit (using a cheese grater...there's a tutorial on it here on the board).

I went to Target and got the black ramekin set. The Tabac barely fit in (I think there's probably some air at the bottom), but it looks like it'll work perfectly. Thanks for all the advice.

Top Bottom