What's new

200 shaves from a Fusion

I saw this advertised on tv the other day. If it is as good as they make it seem to be, then why is it only sold on tv and at such a low price?

i swear, this thing shows up on B&B every 2-3 weeks,

ok, i want you all to go to the straight razor section and see how a straight razor is honed properly, its done with a smooth motion, equal passes on both sides and requires some basic skill to do, beating one side of a paper thin blade to death with a chunk of synthetic leather will not do a proper honing, the blade on cartriges is usualy too thin to hone without damaging it, you´re only honing one side, meaning you have an uneven blade that can even damage your skin, and basicly you just spent 29,95 on a piece of junk, but they usualy bring some kind of super juicer or some space age potato pealer as a gift (our special gift to you if you call in the next 30 minutes),

btw, they allways say space age, wasnt the space age the 1960-1970´s with the US-Russia space race ?

i swear, this thing shows up on B&B every 2-3 weeks,

ok, i want you all to go to the straight razor section and see how a straight razor is honed properly, its done with a smooth motion, equal passes on both sides and requires some basic skill to do, beating one side of a paper thin blade to death with a chunk of synthetic leather will not do a proper honing, the blade on cartriges is usualy too thin to hone without damaging it, you´re only honing one side, meaning you have an uneven blade that can even damage your skin, and basicly you just spent 29,95 on a piece of junk, but they usualy bring some kind of super juicer or some space age potato pealer as a gift (our special gift to you if you call in the next 30 minutes),

This post should be a sticky! Note also that this site sells the widely-disparaged "Infinity razor" too. Perhaps we should put an Infinity Razor into this electric honer and let them duke it out, then post the result on "Will it Blend?" or something.

Perhaps we should put an Infinity Razor into this electric honer and let them duke it out, the post the result on "Will it Blend?" or something.

WOW Soapbox, I was just thinking that. Then I thought if we did that then the whole as seen on tv world would implode on itself and we would have nothing to watch at 3:00 in the morning.

That came on TV a while back and my girlfriend asked if it would work. After my very rude no she said (in the most adorablely naive voice) but it looks like it is made from the same thing as a strop. Then I went into detail on how you are only stropping one side and high end cartridges are coated with a ceramic and this would only scrape that off in some places and not others leading to a pretty scary blade, and even if your blades are stainless steel you still are only sharpening one side. That pretty much ended that talk.

Sharpening one side of an edge only works for chisels. I want to shave my face, not chisel it.

I would rather sandpaper my beard off than use a fusion blade 200 shaves in! I am that confident I would get better results

I saw a consumer review of this thing somewhere and surprise, surprise: it's junk. I know you're all stunned. Now if somebody would get that Billy Mays dude off my TV. My gawd he's annoying. It used to be we only had to tolerate him selling that laundry crap, but now they've got him hawking every piece of junk under the sun. Last night it was a wireless light switch you can peel and stick anywhere...EVEN YOUR CAR SO YOU CAN SWITCH ON YOUR HOUSE LIGHTS FROM THE DRIVEWAY!!!!!!!!!!!...according to him.

Putz.

Oh, Mr. Mays has moved on to selling health insurance. Yeah, that's right, infomercial health insurance.
I saw a consumer review of this thing somewhere and surprise, surprise: it's junk. I know you're all stunned. Now if somebody would get that Billy Mays dude off my TV. My gawd he's annoying. It used to be we only had to tolerate him selling that laundry crap, but now they've got him hawking every piece of junk under the sun. Last night it was a wireless light switch you can peel and stick anywhere...EVEN YOUR CAR SO YOU CAN SWITCH ON YOUR HOUSE LIGHTS FROM THE DRIVEWAY!!!!!!!!!!!...according to him.

Putz.

Actually- my dad uses disposables for about 6 monts before chucking them- I tried to use it on my arm to see how sharp it was- pulled like no tomorrow

Putz.

Death to Billy Mays!

I think the wire brush on a bench grinder would be more comfortable than a 200+ shave disposable. Cripes, I couldn't even keep a M3 for more than a week.

Top Bottom