What's new

New Barbershop

There is a new barbershop in my local mall offering 10 dollar shaves with personna disposable straight razor blades. Thats all the info I have on the shave, but if they are whipping up fresh cream should I give it a go? I'm too scared to just do it without anyone else's advice. The shop looks great and I am just assuming these guys know how to give a shave and a haircut, but is 10 bucks too much or a good price? Please help me make up my mind.

thats a good idea...however, of my friends, I am the only one who has to really shave. One of my friends is growing a beard, the others just don't have facial hair. but i might try to get my beard growing friend to do it.

I have located couple of shops in my area that offer shaves. Thus far the prices have been 20-25$ but that includes hot towel treatment.

On the other hand, there is an old guy down town who might offer them for less, but then again, the last time I got my hair cut there, I walked out looking like a guy with a receding hairline and a bad combover. I was 18 at the time, and had afull head of hair. (which I am glad to report is threateinging to turn gray, but is still tenaciously clinging to the top of my skull.)

I would say it depends, I can get a decent (not excellent) shave for 12.00 at a barber here in town, however if I was to spend 45.00 or more at a T&H or AOS, I would expect it to be excellent. I say it's worth a try, at least you'll get good treatment, face massage, hot towel treatment and some nice barbershop aftershave. You might get a great shave too.

There is a new barbershop in my local mall offering 10 dollar shaves with personna disposable straight razor blades. Thats all the info I have on the shave, but if they are whipping up fresh cream should I give it a go? . . . The shop looks great and I am just assuming these guys know how to give a shave and a haircut, but is 10 bucks too much or a good price?

If it's a good shave, $10 seems very reasonable, if other threads are an indication.

Interview the barber, and ask exactly what the process is. If they want your $ they should be willing to tell you.

The probably don't use a brush due to heath regs. Ask if you can bring in your own brush and soap if Latherking lather is a problem for you. If they say they use canned goo or cream, you might want to abandon the adventure.

If you decide to go through with it, post about your experience - and if it's a good one tell us who and where. Good luck!

thanks for all the advice guys, I'll ask the barber tonight about the shave process and if it doesn't involve canned goo, I might give it a go.

Good luck with this one, I'm hoping to get a shave next week in vegas. If your shave is good then you have a place to get a monthly treat, if it is bad you have the experience to warn others of its standard. Thats the way I would look at it anyway

Good luck with this one, I'm hoping to get a shave next week in vegas. If your shave is good then you have a place to get a monthly treat, if it is bad you have the experience to warn others of its standard. Thats the way I would look at it anyway

good luck with your vegas shave, I hope my mall shave goes well, if i go through with it that is...

Give it as a gift to a friend and have him try it out first.

Classic advice. Throw your buddy to the wolves...:lol:

I can't find the link now, but 3 or 4 weeks ago I came across a thread full of horror stories about barber shop shaves. The general consenses was it is a lost art and very difficult to find a quality cutter who gives a decent shave. My advice, you go ahead and send that friend in first. :biggrin:

Top Bottom