What's new

John Elliot's Massive Chopper/Wade& Butcher Custom Scales

The first razor is a John Elliot’s Barbers Use The blade is an 8-8 wedge from around 1850/60.It is a very large blade 0.320 thick at the spine near tip,and measures 4.875 from pin to tip,so it takes extra large scales.The shaving edge is 3.200 also much longer than the average chopper.This blade was severly corroded when it came in,so required extensive rework.We were lucky to be able to save the lettering on the spine and blade face. It is defect free now,and is a wonderful shaver The scales are the custom ones I make and these are translucent green with dark green swirls, this one has a shepherds cross on both scales,and a large mosaic pin..I think this will make an excellent collectable daily shaver for the owner.Wish I had one of these.They are pretty uncommon(maybe even rare)
The second razor is a Wade&Butcher 7/8 wedge razor I just did the rescale on this one,and honed it, the owner did the blade rework.He hand sanded the entire blade.He did a very nice job,it has a beautiful finish,and is an excellent shaver.The scales are the honey with yellow swirls,with a shepherds cross on the mark side,and small mosaic pin
Both of these belong to the same guy,(a member here),he won the rescale rework jobs at one of the gatherings,I gave some reworks as a door prize.I will ship the razors out Wed of next week,sorry,but I will be in Panama till then,so will ship as soon as I return Best regards Gary

Top Bottom