What's new

HBS Ye Old Barbershop

Oh my God.

That's all I have time to write. I'm going back into the bathroom to inhale.

To think I used to like the smell of tire stores...

Ye old Barbershop is my favorite soap scent at the moment and has been for the last month!

Sounds interesting. How would you describe the scent?

Dave

I would have a hard time describing it. Sue describes it as follows: A nostalgic blend of Amber and Rum heart notes with a light top note of Musk and Bay.
However, I don't know if that helps you or not. Such descriptions don't help me much.

Here is my story with this soap.
I read about another manufacturer's product called Leatherneck. It sounded great, very masculine, so I ordered a sample. It was OK, but nothing special to me.

When I saw Ye Old Barbershop, I ordered it without reading the description. To me, Pinaud Clubman is the epitome of the old time barbershop smell, and I sort of thought the soap would have a similar smell. Wrong.

It smelled like what I thought the Leatherneck would be like. Although I also love floral scents, I fell in love with this totally non-floral, masculine, unlike-anything-else-I-own scent.

I know this is not giving you the answer to your question, so I'll make you a deal. Buy it, and if you don't like it, I'll buy it off you for what it cost you. :eek:

No, I am not affiliated with HBS, but I am becoming a MAJOR fan.

Ben

Thanks, Ben. That's a hard offer to refuse! Any other shaving soaps of hers that you'd recommend?

Dave

Thanks, Ben. That's a hard offer to refuse! Any other shaving soaps of hers that you'd recommend?

Dave

I have only tried three so far, the others being Lavender and Old Spice. I've not used the Lavender yet. The Old Spice is wonderful. I posted about Ye Old Barbershop because it is unique in my experience, but keep in mind that I've used far fewer products than the old hands around here.

Ben

Thanks for the lowdown on HBS Ye Old Barbershop scent. I have a puck that is waiting to get on the rotation (or until the weather cools off :em2300:)

I've got a puck waiting, too. It lost a coin flip to be next, and from the responses in this thread, that might have been a bad thing.

I've been considering trying her Tea Tree EO Soap. I've used HBS soaps made from FO and really like it, but haven't tried any of her EO soaps. :rolleyes:

Ye Olde Barbershop is one of my favorites, so far, too.
HBS Bay Rum is great, also. I like the Lilac. Musk is great. The Gardenia is very strong, but smells like my grandmother's perfume. The Oak Moss and Green Irish Tweed and Lime smell nice and clean, but were all much weaker in scent than I'd like.
They all seem to shave very well, and the Barbershop is just top shelf.

I think it's only a matter of time before I order Ye Old Barbershop. And probably Jasmine and Yuzu too.

Dave

Top Bottom