What's new

The Mirror... Fog... and how to not have it....

Ok, so how do you all keep your mirrors clear?

I found electricmirror.com while staying at a Hilton, which is great if you have $3k for a bathroom mirror. However there needs to be a better way...

CR

just use any shave cream in a can it is actually good for at least one thing and that is to keep your mirror fog free

We have one of those decorative things that holds five votive candles in a line. I put that between my sink and mirror and light the candles before getting in the shower. When I get out the bathroom mirror is foggy exept for the area with the votive stand. I creates a wall of rising heat that keeps the fog away.

Any local auto parts store will have at least one window anti-fog product. They work great on the bathroom mirror.

I have seen some commercial products at the state fair that clean eyeglasses and keep them from fogging up. They demonstrate the anti-fog on a mirror. Also, at the auto parts store they sell Rain-x and I believe Rain-x with anti-fog. Both would probably work by the nature of how they work.

I have been shaving in the shower for 30 years.I have found the best method is to paint some soap or cream off of your brush.Rinse or wipe with a makeup
sponge.It will give you at least 10 -12 mins fog free.
Cheers, ROCKET

I simply turn on the exhaust fan in the bathroom. The real trick to keeping fog out and off the mirror is air exchange. Turn on the fan, or open the window, or even shower with the door open.

all this technology...I use the tried and true method that men have been using for hundreds of years- my hand. I don't need a crystal clear view of my face for the whole shower shave.

I have a cloth that is made for cleaning windows. I wipe the worst of the fog off the mirror with the cloth, then switch the hairdryer on low and blow warm air over the mirror to clear the rest of the fog. The warmth that remains in the glass usually keeps the mirror free of fog during my shave.

I simply turn on the exhaust fan in the bathroom. The real trick to keeping fog out and off the mirror is air exchange. Turn on the fan, or open the window, or even shower with the door open.

:rolleyes: Wait, you mean I don't have to run out and buy some miracle product to keep my mirror clear?? Where do I sign up??

Just crack the door/window, gents. Even if it does fog a little, it should be clear by the time you are done drying off.

+1 on the canned shaving foam. After cleaning the mirror apply the shaving cream to the mirror and wipe clean with paper towel. The mirror will be fog free for about a week.

Little bit of soap on the tips of your fingers and wipe on the mirror - keeps the mirror in my shower fog free for days...

Big catch here, I should have put in the first post. I have to keep the house at 70 degrees. I brew beer, and the aging containers can't get over that temp, at times it can be 65-68 in the bathroom.... But the air moving through the room isn't enough.

Some great ideas... a few things, I used to open the bathroom door but as I stated in my previous post, that means the air in the bathroom cools down about 10-15 degrees. (read shaving in cold weather)

I like the votive and rainx idea though will give that a shot!!!

J

I wipe a tiny bit of soap (from a normal bath soap bar) on the mirror and rinse it off again with water. Mirror stays fog-free for the duration of the shave.

Jan Pieter

This one only works for straight razor shavers:
While shaving, wipe the lather off the razor onto a length of tissue paper (I use toilet paper). After the shave, roll the paper up into a sort of sausage with the lather inside.
Leave that to dry until the next shave and use the sausage to wipe the fog off the mirror. The paper dries the mirror and is impregnated with soap. Which prevents new fog from forming.
Greetings
oskar

Top Bottom