What's new

Old Spice in Glass at Dollar General

I stuck my head in a Dollar General over the lunch hour in Oklahoma City and saw several bottles of Old Spice priced at $5.50. I was amazed to find they were all glass bottles.

I just bought one; probably should have bought more. It's post-Shulton P&G branded stuff, but it's labeled "Original" rather than "Classic."

I mentioned to the wife I was tempted to buy all six that were on the shelf but I thought $33.00 worth of aftershave might be a little obsessive. She responded that $33.00 worth is not as obsessive as six bottles. I do love that woman.

I recently got an 8.5 oz glass bottle of the Shulton OS on Ebay packaged with other stuff for a good price.

If you like the Shulton stuff, it is still out there to be had. :001_smile

I recently got an 8.5 oz glass bottle of the Shulton OS on Ebay packaged with other stuff for a good price.

If you like the Shulton stuff, it is still out there to be had. :001_smile
I'd love to try the original Old Spice by Shulton. I would like to see if there is a huge difference between the P&G and Shulton.

I'd love to try the original Old Spice by Shulton. I would like to see if there is a huge difference between the P&G and Shulton.

They say the new stuff smells more baby powdery, and I do have the new classic scent body spray, with which that is definitely true.

However, there is debate about whether the aging process has made the baby powder scent wear off in the old Shulton bottles, i.e. did the Shulton stuff originally smell just like the new P&G, which is supposed to be the same formula... At any rate, I'd say there is definitely no "HUGE" difference. (though as I said, I'm comparing body spray to aftershave... I also have the new P&G classic scent deoderant, and that smells much less like the A/S and bodyspray imo.)

I stuck my head in a Dollar General over the lunch hour in Oklahoma City and saw several bottles of Old Spice priced at $5.50. I was amazed to find they were all glass bottles. . . . aftershave . . .

Yes, alas, it's only the AS . . . no cologne. :frown: I've been toying with the idea of stopping in and getting a few (I've been wearing Old Spice a lot latley) - now I guess I'd better before everyone beats me to them. :001_smile

I went to a local (North Central Florida) Dollar General last Saturday, all they have is P&G plastic bottles. I picked one up anyway. Definetly not the Old Spice I remember dad wearing.

I've never had the chance to smell the Shulton version of Old Spice. I'm 21 so the Old Spice I use now doesn't upset me since I never smelled the original version. I do use the Old Spice body wash Classic. Smells great!

I've been using OS products my whole life. Recently though I've notice the deoderant not hanging in there all day like it used to. Sometimes at the end of the day I'm rather rank. I've even purchased a stick of Mennen to try next and that's a big deal as I've used the OS deoderant since high school. Do you suppose they've changed the deoderant formula as well??? PS: I don't use anti-perspirant; makes me break out.

I've been using OS products my whole life. Recently though I've notice the deoderant not hanging in there all day like it used to. Sometimes at the end of the day I'm rather rank. I've even purchased a stick of Mennen to try next and that's a big deal as I've used the OS deoderant since high school. Do you suppose they've changed the deoderant formula as well??? PS: I don't use anti-perspirant; makes me break out.
I'm not sure if OS changed the formula....but have you ever thought about using Speed-Stick 24/7?

I had the same thing. I started using an alum block out of the shower and then the OS deoderant later, and no more rank smell now.

Hey gang - first post here, though I've lurked occasionally for some time. Great board.

Anyway, I'm not sure if you're referring to the 'classic round stick' formula OS deodorant or the High Endurance. I use both depending on my mood (love that cooling sensation of the classic formula), but I will say this: Until recently, High Endurance contained triclosan, which is an anti-microbial agent. It no longer contains this, and I suppose could be the possible culprit. Either way, the formula has indeed changed. The classic formula still contains triclosan, but the High Endurance is still longer-lasting on me. Just a thought.

Awesome! Were all he bottles Classic scents? I love the smell..use it after shaving or a shower.

I found Old Spice Classic aftershave at a Walgreen in Mass. Sorry to say is not the original fragrance as it claimed to be; just a close imitation.
I was very dissapointed since it is an old time favorite of mine. I wonder if that happened to some of you?

I've been using the High Endurance for several years now. I bet the removal of that one ingredient is the culprit. Problem is I never see the old classic stick anymore. Well as stated I bought a Mennen stick so we'll see how that holds up. Welcome to the board and thanks to Landroid.

I was thinking of your wife today when I got the cologne and only one of the aftershaves they had there in glass. But I wouldn't have gotten it just if it were in glass. I got it because it's
proxy.php
this era of bottle.

As it turns out, my cologne is older. I think. The AS has a copyright date of 1997, the cologne with 1993. The cologne also says Shulton, Inc. on it, with P&G, but the other only says P&G.

Another update: The AS's box has a copyright date of 1993 and says Shulton, though.

Top Bottom