What's new

Shaving session duration shortened...

Hi there,
I'm quite new to str8 shaving (almost 1,5 years practicing this beautiful way of shaving) and must admit that I master quite well the honing techniques and stroping.
I got constantly BBS, but, until now, at a cost of some 35 minutes.
My technique was, as instructed, to shave the left side of the face with the left hand.
Some days ago I decided to try this with my right hand and suddenly the duration of the shave shortened to a mere 20 minutes with BBS results!

Well, good for you! If you manage to shave your left side with your right hand in shorter time, I'd say "Go for it!". Whatever suits you better...
I personally shave my left side of the face with my left hand and both sides take the same amount of time.
After 2 years straight shaving, I figured that the face is like a roadmap, I know where the razor needs to pass and how it needs to pass to get the best shave possible. After you find your roadmap, the shaving time will get shorter and the result will get better.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Some guys are more skilled with their "off" hand than others, so this is a YMMV sort of thing. Congrats on shortening the time!

Top Bottom