Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is it about

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Who is it about

I was wondering since I am new to cologne, I have samples from Trumper and T&H and thats it. Who is the cologne about. Is it about what you like or what the ladies like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For me? I couldn't care less about cologne, so its whatever the ladies like that I wear.
    Last edited by Milton; 07-09-2008 at 09:34 PM.
    Joel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Me, primarily. If I don't like it there's no point in wearing it. The women that like it will notice and I don't mess about the women that don't like it.
    Shane - Member since 6-10-06

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    Me, primarily. If I don't like it there's no point in wearing it. The women that like it will notice and I don't mess about the women that don't like it.
    +1

I wear cologne for myself. If women like it, that's cool too.
    "Life's too short for good handwriting." -Dad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Second question what other companies do cologne samples besides Trumpers and T&H?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, depends on your priorities.... So far I'm yet to find something that I like that the ladies don't and of course if you feel a bit frisky it doesn't hurt to put the right juice on...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by AKady View Post
    Second question what other companies do cologne samples besides Trumpers and T&H?
    Floris and Penhaligon's. Have you been to Basenotes? There are also quite a few other companies that will do samples upon request, just do a quick search there and it should yield you quite a few results for others.
    "Life's too short for good handwriting." -Dad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, you have to like it first.
    Tom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pretty much a personal decision there, and one thats likely to vary, depending on the situation ahead of you. I agree with Silky though, you've got to like it first in order to even wear it with any degree of confidence.
    "I can't stand rude behavior in a man...I won't tolerate it".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Images

In my younger years I would wear what appealed to the ladies. Nowadays I wear what I like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would think a true gentleman would wear what the ladies like and rarely do something for purely selfish reasons... But hey we're talking about cologne here. You're the one that has to smell it all day long!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by mmain1 View Post
    I would think a true gentleman would wear what the ladies like and rarely do something for purely selfish reasons... But hey we're talking about cologne here. You're the one that has to smell it all day long!
    Yep!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Images

I would hope it would be an expression of my personality ... so something that I would like, of course, but something which would also ... hopefully ... be palatable for the general populace and attractive for beautiful young ladies.
    Be there or be square. Only I can do both!

"My lord, I will use them according to their desert."

"God's bodykins, man, much better: use every man
    after his desert, and who should 'scape whipping?"

Veteran of the Great Irisch Moos Campaign of 2008-09

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I go with what I like. Because I don't wear too much I'm fairly sure that most of the women I met were around for reasons other than the cologne I wore. Then, if things took the next step between us I would mix in some of what she liked.
    -Karl

My only regret is that I have but one face to shave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Images

when I wear cologne, I wear it for me. If my wife doesn't like it, however, I may not wear it. Soooo....I look for colognes that please us both (but to rephrase things, if she liked one and I didn't, I still wouldn't wear it).

Quote Originally Posted by Doc4 View Post
    I would hope it would be an expression of my personality ... so something that I would like, of course, but something which would also ... hopefully ... be palatable for the general populace and attractive for beautiful young ladies.
    ... then again, some days you just want to p*ss off the boss' secretary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michaelskar View Post
    when I wear cologne, I wear it for me. If my wife doesn't like it, however, I may not wear it. Soooo....I look for colognes that please us both (but to rephrase things, if she liked one and I didn't, I still wouldn't wear it).
    +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    Shane is wise. . .

-- John Gehman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i don't really wear cologne that much. Having a circle of friends thats 95% female, I've learned that most are indifferent to cologne. If it smells nice, they like it, but they couldn't give a hoot if you actually wore any at all. Some actually prefer a guy without!

They will however notice, if you smell of BO and sweat...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by gugi View Post
    Well, depends on your priorities.... So far I'm yet to find something that I like that the ladies don't and of course if you feel a bit frisky it doesn't hurt to put the right juice on...
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkySmooth View Post
    Well, you have to like it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by mulepackin View Post
    Pretty much a personal decision there, and one thats likely to vary, depending on the situation ahead of you. I agree with Silky though, you've got to like it first in order to even wear it with any degree of confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc4 View Post
    +1. these are the ones I agree with the most.

Quote Originally Posted by cr8n View Post
    ... then again, some days you just want to p*ss off the boss' secretary.
    +1

First, you have to like it. If someone wears something he does not like... well then he is little bit shallow.

Colognes are like clothes. Occasionally, I wear colognes because i want to make a good impression (Like a nice suit with Chanel Platinum Egoiste or just original egoiste). There are some others that I wear because I find them relaxing. There are others that are good for everyday usage. Finally there are others that belong to the groups I-do-not-care-what-you-think-of-my-cologne: Montale, Havana, Grey Flannel, Opium Orient, ETC.
    "Shave daily, if at all possible, even if you have to use a piece of glass to do it.
    Even if you have to give your last piece of bread for it"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast