What's new

Hello from the wilds of Vancouver Island.

Well, not really the wilds but more like an isolated rain forest island.

I started reading the forums here early in the year and registered in March. Around the same time I picked up an Omega 48 boar brush along with some Proraso Soap, a Merkur HD and a couple of Blade assortments. Since then I have been like a sponge learning as much as I can and working on improving my technique. I have been enjoying the shaves so much that wet shaving has become my new found obsession. Thank you to all of you whose posts I have read and the knowledge that is shared freely here. I have even managed to convert one friend to DE shaving!

Prior to wet shaving I was using a combination of an electric razor along with a Mach 3 and had a Van Dyke style beard as bumps and whiteheads were a problem around my chin and to a lesser extent my neck area. These have since gone away along with the beard. I still nick myself from time to time and have the odd weeper but generally I manage to get a pretty good shave most days. I do not shave daily ATG but I do once in a while on a weekend when I have a little more time. WTG and XTG are more of the norm on a daily basis. I have been using the Derby Extra as my current blade of choice.

I haven't really developed RAD but have a mild case of SBAD a worse case of SCAD and early signs of SSAD are starting to set in.

In daily rotation are a Kent BK4, Simpsons Polo 8 (and a hybrid Simpsons/Vulfix Polo 8) and the Omega 48 brushes with a Dovo travel brush hitting the road one week a month with me while traveling.

Most recently I picked up a vintage straight razor, strop, Belgian yellow Coticule and a DMT D8C from Howard at The Perfect Edge and plan to give that a try soon.

As you can see I have dove in with both feet and will continue to learn as well as hopefully contribute to the community here at B&B.

Welcome to B&B!

RAD seems to be one of the more difficult ones to acquire (SCAD was sooooo easy . . .), but once you've bought your 2nd razor it's all downhill from there. :w00t: Good luck!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Welcome, eh!

Glad to hear that B&B has been so helpfull in your sponge-like growth of shaving knowledge.

:biggrin:

Thanks guys for the welcome and gunner6477, glad you like the area. I am off to North Carolina Monday for the week.

Top Bottom