• Derby blade
  • Superior 22mm SBB
  • Weller bowl
Software:

• AOS Lavender soap
  • Witch hazel
  • SCS Lavender ASB
  • SCS Lavender EDT
I make my birthday a week long celebration and it always culminates with my anniversary on the 27th. Lavender is probably my favorite scent, at least right now. It always reminds me of my late mom. She grew it and used it a lot around the house. It's also one of my wife's favorite scents, so it has a lot of meaning to me, all on the good side of life. The razor is my favorite, the brush is my favorite and added to the scent just makes this a great way to start the day.

Tonight is a rib-eye steak and a couple of well made Manhattan's at my favorite restaurant and tomorrow I am going to get my barbershop shave and haircut and then we are heading out of town for a little us time. When it's all over come Tuesday morning, back to the grind.

Happy Birthday Dave! That's a nice lineup.

I was going to go for a nice, slow straight shave but it appears I've pulled something on my left side this week and it hurts too much to use my left hand above my shoulder. I guess I really AM getting old! So I went for a nostalgic shave with some old standbys instead.

Tonight there will undoubtedly be scotch in my diet (perhaps that bottle of Balvenie I have hinted at as a birthday gift), but for the birthday dinner, well, I'm sure it will be something unrefined that the youngsters like to eat. After all, the part of my birthday is watching my children have a great time celebrating it.

Here's my BSOTD:

Slim Adjustable K3 - one of my first and finest antique store scores. VG+ and was $5, IIRC.
Simpson Chubby 1 in Best - I prefer to face lather (even with creams). This is my definitive face lathering brush. The black thing is an O-ring for grip.
Astra SP - still my favorite blade after almost three years.
Speick Cream - how I continue love it so.
Musgo Real Classic AS - masculine and long lasting scent and it makes my skin feel great all day. Plus there's no need for an EDC since I pick up traces of this for hours.

Attachments

• $2012-02-23_11-19-57_889.jpg
    $2012-02-23_11-19-57_889.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 138
Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone.

I was a lucky man tonight. That bottle of Balvenie Doublewood made it to the party along with a copy of The Big Lebowski on Blu-Ray. Doesn't get much better than that! Time to settle in for a tasty beverage and a few laughs.

First, thanks everyone for the birthday well wishes.

Walter, you are a man after my own heart, the Balvenie. Happy to know that the kids, The Big Lebowki and the Balvenie made for memorable evening.

I was going to go for a nice, slow straight shave but it appears I've pulled something on my left side this week and it hurts too much to use my left hand above my shoulder. I guess I really AM getting old! So I went for a nostalgic shave with some old standbys instead.

Tonight there will undoubtedly be scotch in my diet (perhaps that bottle of Balvenie I have hinted at as a birthday gift), but for the birthday dinner, well, I'm sure it will be something unrefined that the youngsters like to eat. After all, the part of my birthday is watching my children have a great time celebrating it.

Here's my BSOTD:

Slim Adjustable K3 - one of my first and finest antique store scores. VG+ and was $5, IIRC.
Simpson Chubby 1 in Best - I prefer to face lather (even with creams). This is my definitive face lathering brush. The black thing is an O-ring for grip.
Musgo Real Classic AS - masculine and long lasting scent and it makes my skin feel great all day. Plus there's no need for an EDC since I pick up traces of this for hours.

Here's my BSOTD:

That sure looks like a ROYAL shave, must have been a happy birthday indeed!

Razor: Ever-ready Streamline
Blade: GEM SE
Brush: Rooney Heritage 2XL ("Stubby")
Soap: Vintage Williams (Beecham era)
A/S: Speick
Cologne: Habit Rouge EdP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom