What's new

Special Birthday SOTD

Status
Not open for further replies.
the double nickel
attachment.php

5 will get you ten. 59 gets you 55. born 55 years ago today. shaved with a 1959 birth year Fatboy.

Won an ebay auction earlier today for a vintage Simpsons for Gimbel's 57. Wish it was a 59, but a 57 will suffice.

25 was good. 35 was better. 45 was better still. hoping for mo' betterer at the two five spots.

Other tools, accoutrements & emolients utilized today include: Jabonman Tierra Húmeda, Polisilver Super Iridium, Simpsons for Hoffritz 103 (which we know better as a butterscotched vintage Chubby), Fine Clean Vetiver. Never made it to the Capt'n Fawcett's to tame the ol' unruly whiskers (see below for just how unruly they can get).

That Chubby made my Tierra Húmeda behave better than it ever has before. My other Jabonman's have never been a problem, but I always got sudsy, runny, loose lather with Wet Earth before today. Suddenly, the Chubby made available the consistency I have been longing for until now. I'd be lying if I said my face was as smooth as my rump was 55 years ago, but it's as close as could be.

At 40, the old adage says, you get the face you deserve. At 55, methinks you learn to live with the one you got.
attachment.php

Every day is a gift. Glad to wake up each morning. I'm happy to live with what I got.

Jim, thank you.

Celestino, thank you. I wonder how you did picture me??? LOL. Not sure I pictured myself this way either. But here I am.

Celestino, thank you. I wonder how you did picture me??? LOL. Not sure I pictured myself this way either. But here I am.

* Hahahaha! I am not sure how I pictured you either, but it wasn't like in your pic. Regardless, you look great, my friend, and, now, I know what you look like! :thumbup:

Autumn Begins Falling Right on Target
$15379648536_8676e4c4b9_z.jpg
super speed ... personna red ... jabonman lavanda ... simpsons tsn m6 manchurian ... myrsol agua de limon ... beardology cedarwood moustache wax
I must get a good clean shave this afternoon as the Mrs. & I are going out for a belated birthday dinner -- Oysters! Yum.

I had my birthday shave last night, I didn't go too extravagant but!

I used my Gillette Adjustable Aristocrat with a brand new Astra SP, I very rarely use this razor which I picked up last year. But last night was a special occasion!

It had been while, maybe a
month since I last used proraso green, so I skipped The Fat, left Dr Harris in the cupboard and went for the old faithful!

I soaked my semogue 620 while I took a shower followed by a nice hot bath (pre typhoon chill in Tokyo!).

I really enjoyed face latherig with the slight menthol tingle of proraso and the scrubbyness of the 620.

For the shave I went with my usual special occasion 3 pass, with and two across passes.

Rinse with cold water, splash on some Bravas (Japanese aftershave) and after a while some Nivea extra moisture balm to really round off a great shave!

Not the fanciest of equipment all round, but the Aristocrat I think makes up for the rest!

Last edited:
I had my birthday shave last night, I didn't go too extravagant but!

I used my Gillette Adjustable Aristocrat with a brand new Astra SP, I very rarely use this razor which I picked up last year. But last night was a special occasion!

It had been while, maybe a
month since I last used proraso green, so I skipped The Fat, left Dr Harris in the cupboard and went for the old faithful!

I soaked my semogue 620 while I took a shower followed by a nice hot bath (pre typhoon chill in Tokyo!).

I really enjoyed face latherig with the slight menthol tingle of proraso and the scrubbyness of the 620.

For the shave I went with my usual special occasion 3 pass, with and two across passes.

Rinse with cold water, splash on some Bravas (Japanese aftershave) and after a while some Nivea extra moisture balm to really round off a great shave!

Not the fanciest of equipment all round, but the Aristocrat I think makes up for the rest!

Happy Birthday! :thumbup:

It's been almost a month since anyone has posted a birthday SOTD. Perhaps we don't have many October birthdays, but in the event that newer members are unaware of the thread, I thought it was time for a bump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom