What's new

Dirty Bird Scuttle

Introducing the Dirty Bird Scuttle. This is a terrific piece of work. I have had this for only one week and it is already my go to scuttle. It is pictured here along side the Georgetown. The Dirty Bird makes better lather and retains heat better. You can get one at www.dirtybirdpottery.com. I will try to post more information in the weeks ahead. I just wanted all of you to see this thing! :001_smile

I am guessing the greenish one is the Dirty Bird as it is his stated favorite and it has the brush in it. Elementary my dear Watson.:wink:

The Dirty Bird is a very good looking item indeed. Very refined, many very nice touches that show careful work. But like the others, I'd like to know why is it better? Does it hold more water than the Georgetown?

Sorry for the lack of information. I had run into this lady while searching for places that made shaving mugs. We struck up a conversation about scuttles. She had no idea of what one was. So she did a little research and here it is. This is acutally the first one made. I do not have have any affiliation with Dirty Bird other than the initial conversation that we had.

I should have clarified that the darker one is the Georgetown and the lighter one with the brush is the Dirty Bird. The brush in the DB is a SR3226.
I enjoy the DB for several reasons. The DB's bowl is a little smaller at the top making heat retention a little bit better. The spout was designed so that water could be poured from a kettle. And it also holds more water in it than the Georgtown.
The Georgetown's inner bowl has slight ridges that go about half way up as compared to the DB which has deeper ridges that go all the way to the top. Georgetown is finished with a glossy tecture while the DB has a matte finish. I have found that with the deeper ridges and more of them and the not so slippery surface there is ample friction between the brush and scuttle to create better lather.
From speaking with Julie the cost maybe a little less than some of the other scuttles around there. I know that she does not have it on her website yet. But just email her and give her a call. I know that there are still a few left that she has made from the original batch.

I like the scuttle. Julie at dirtybird pottery posted here at B&B several months ago about her idea. I emailed her several times with ideas per her request but received no response. At this point in time, I personally would go with the Georgetown scuttle based upon favorable customer service. Of course, as with all things, YMMV.

Here is the original thread: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=41967

No worries...I wasn't trying to say anything bad about you or your business and I apologize to you and everyone else if I came across as being disgruntled. I do like the scuttle. I was just posting my own experience, and that you in fact had posted here before.

Top Bottom