What's new

Johnnie Walker Green Label

I was given a bottle of this and enjoy it. It's a vatted malt (i.e., a blend of single malts), and since it appears a lot of people haven't tried it, I thought I'd mention it to those looking for something new.

Johnnie Walker varieties have been discussed at great length with immeasurable insight from our one and only Bob/johnniegold. But I don't believe this is a topic many of us ever grow tired of. Perhaps we can get a more detailed description of the differences between the Green and Gold? Having yet to pull the trigger on a bottle of gold* and having a strong liking for the Black label myself, I'd be particularly interested in that analysis.

*Actually, funny story about that. On my way out of Indianapolis last Sunday I had every intention of picking up a bottle of Johnnie Gold at the lower price ($65-70 or so I hear, in comparison to the $90 Ohio price). I completely forgot about the g--damn blue laws until I pulled into the liquor store lot. You'd think 4 years of hard drinking in Bloomington would have ingrained that aspect of arcane Hoosier puritanism into my brain, but after almost as many years of living in the hedonistic "everything goes" neighbor to the east, it completely escaped my memory.

"Hedonistic" and "everything goes"? Wow, Cleveland must really have changed since I grew up there. :001_rolle

Top Bottom