What's new

T&H Ultimate Comfort

I got a few free samples of the above sent as it's supposed to be good for sensitive skin.

Tonight, I thought I'd give it a go. I squeezed the small sample sachet into my mixing bowl - there was quite a good amount of cream. I didn't care much for the scent (kind of like plastic, I thought).

I put my brush in and started whipping up the lather, but nothing seemed to be happening. I looked into my bowl and it had disappeared - nothing! :confused:

I'm thoroughly disappointed with this cream. I will give it another go as I have a couple more samples. I used my trusty Body Shop cream instead, which whipped up nicely, as always. :001_rolle

I got a sample of this stuff and thought it whipped up a great lather. Maybe you had a bad sample or wrong water/cream ratio. I have never had any problem lathering up any cream or soap that I have and the T&H UC is no exception.

I use this stuff every few weeks and I get a great lather and shave. Ultimate comfort is supposed to be unscented, so that may be the "plastic" smell you get. But, I think there is a hint of lavender in it. Probably to cover up the soap or "plastic" smell.

I have this cream in my rotation and I love it. I am able to get a never ending lather (easily four passes, and good stuff in the brush) from just a touch on my finger tip. There is a slight scent of lavender, and I usually enhance this by adding a couple drops of lavender essential oil to my bowl. This cream works well in super lathers with soaps I've tried. I like this cream a lot and from the rate at which I am using it, I'll have this tub for a very long time.

I didn't care for it either. It lathered wonderfully but just didn't give me a good shave. (Don't say operator error, I know what I'm doing heheh)

Also, even though the label says it is lavender scented, that is NOT lavender I smelled. It was actually bergamot scented (yuck).

As far as shaving creams go, TH falls FAR below GFT and TOOBS, JMHO

Also, even though the label says it is lavender scented, that is NOT lavender I smelled. It was actually bergamot scented (yuck).

That is interesting! According to the ingredients there is lavender in the Ultimate Comfort SC. I can smell the faint hint of lavender when I open the tub, but there is not much to it. Bergamot can yield a strong citrus note and I've never caught a wiff of that from this. Are you sure you're catching it from the cream? Could it be you have bergamot or citrus scented products stored near by?

Nope. Granted I only tried one sample, but it was unmistakably bergamot. It smelled like the Extra Bergamot Earl Grey tea I get from Uptontea.com.

I had a sample of it too. I won't judge any of T&H's other creams by this one, but it didn't shave me terribly well. Good lather, seemed slick enough, just not a great shave.

I've had great experiences with the samples! I had the 1805, and was quite dissapointed with the scent and it gave a 7 out of 10 shave, so nothing really to write home about.

you most likely got a bad dried out sample, I had that happen to me with a couple Trumpers samples as well. I use the T&H ultimate comfort quite often it is one of my favorite creams lathers real nice as good or better then any of the other higher priced creams I have tried.

I recently purchased some (a month or so ago) and so far have nothing bad to say about the stuff. It performs quite well IMHO. It does seem to have a slight lavender scent, also.

John P.

my fiance and i smelled the ultimate comfort cream at the T&H store in chicago. it didn't smell so great. so i got the 1805 instead. its awesome! so smooth and it smells great. like the seinfield episode where kramer starts shaving with butter...its addicting

I thought I'd give this another go tonight, given what everyone had said about it. I opened one of my two remaining samples and squeezed it out; it was entirely liquid. Ah, the whole dodgy sample thing was quite apparent at this point.

I opened the third and last sample, and luckily it seemed fine, and indeed it was... It whipped up some seriously nice lather, and actually the scent was much more like citrus.

I just had the best shave I've had so far; no irritation, no bleeding, and BBS.

Now, I was trying (yet another) different blade tonight (Astra Keramik) so I can't be absolutely certain that the cream gave me the great shave. But, seeing as I have no samples of UC left, I will know the next time I shave... :cool:

Top Bottom