What's new

Waterpik

How many of you folks use one? I saw one in the grocery store today and it looked interesting. Says it's more effective than floss. I don't know how much I should believe that, though. It looks like it'd be fun to use.

I just got one the about two days ago. It is a little different to get use to. So, I suspect I will get use to it after a few more times. I know with me it does not go completely between the teeth from down to top. Supposely, you just put the floss part in the upper part of the tooth and move it back and forth when the vibrating part is own. Not sure it is worth the 14.99 that I paid for it at Target. I probably will stick with the old fashion floss.

My waterpik saved me loads at the dentist...

I was going to need a deep gum irrigation. The hygenist recommended using a waterpik with a cocktail of hydrogen pyroxide and listerine. They get about as deep as their equipment she said.

A couple months later i had enouh improvement that I didn't need the procedure.

I break it out about 3 times a week and suplement with floss.

Just don't freak the first time you use it. It'll get stuff from between your teeth and below the gumline that flossing won't. It could get a little disgusting.

I'll give it 2 thumbs up.

I water pik at least once a day and most days twice. It does an incredible job of keeping gums healthy. I would advise use to get a good one. Relatively inexpensive at around $80 including all attachments.:smile:

I water pik at least once a day and most days twice. It does an incredible job of keeping gums healthy. I would advise use to get a good one. Relatively inexpensive at around $80 including all attachments.:smile:

I've been looking at them for a while ... I've seen them as little as $22 on Amazon, and as much as $100+.

What does the increase in price actually buy for me? All I can see is that the more expensive models have a larger water reservoir, and multi-colored replacement tips. That would make sense for a family of six, but I live alone, so I only need one tip, and I can easily refill a $22 model as often as necessary.

I saw one today for $30ish with a high pressure head and a low pressure head. Can you fellas recommend a particular Waterpik?

I'm prone to gun disease, and the Water-Pick keeps it at bay. As long as I use the Water-Pick at least once a day my gums stay nice and healthy. I'm with the other poster that flossed in the regular manner a few times a week.
Get on and use it, you won't be sorry.
Keep smiling with all of your teeth.
Ken.

I'm prone to gun disease, and the Water-Pick keeps it at bay. As long as I use the Water-Pick at least once a day my gums stay nice and healthy. I'm with the other poster that flossed in the regular manner a few times a week.
Get on and use it, you won't be sorry.
Keep smiling with all of your teeth.
Ken.

Keep your powder dry!

All right, unless someone talks me out of it before I go to bed tonight, I think I'm going to be ordering this one. It's the only one on Amazon.com that doesn't have lousy reviews. Well, a lot of lousy reviews.

If it breaks, I'll probably replace it with this.

UPDATE: No one talked me out of it. I pulled the trigger. It'll be here Wednesday.

That's the same model Water-Pick I'm using now. I can't imagine that you'd be disappointed. Remember to start with low pressure and work up.
Ken.

All right, unless someone talks me out of it before I go to bed tonight, I think I'm going to be ordering this one. It's the only one on Amazon.com that doesn't have lousy reviews. Well, a lot of lousy reviews.

If it breaks, I'll probably replace it with this.

UPDATE: No one talked me out of it. I pulled the trigger. It'll be here Wednesday.

I have one just like the one you are going to get. I love it and it works great!!

It feels soooooooooooooooooooooooo good on your gums. I found a couple sweet spots (probably a bad sign) that feel great with it. (The sweet spots are in my mouth, you perverts. :biggrin:) The same spots that feel good when brushing. The same spots that always catch steak and chicken wings :mad:

I bought one a couple days ago. I feel like an uncordindated idiot using it. Getting the stream in the perfect spot may take some practice!

Am I the only one here who read this title and immediately though of...

Mrs. Costanza: (yelling from upstairs) Y'er not givin' away our Waterpik!!!

Mr. Costanza: SERENITY NOW!!!

i just got a oral B 8500 Oxyjet, btw, what do you use with it ? water ? listerine ?

becuase i tried a bit of listerin and you probobly use it in a solution, becuase at full strengh, the bottle is 1000ml and the resevour is 600ml, going trough 3 bottles every 2 weeks (taking to to account that you should use the waterpik 3 times a week, right ?) isnt too economic,

i just got a oral B 8500 Oxyjet, btw, what do you use with it ? water ? listerine ?

becuase i tried a bit of listerin and you probobly use it in a solution, becuase at full strengh, the bottle is 1000ml and the resevour is 600ml, going trough 3 bottles every 2 weeks (taking to to account that you should use the waterpik 3 times a week, right ?) isnt too economic,

I just use water. You're only supposed to use the Waterpik three times a week? :confused:

I use a mix of 1/3 Listerine, 1/3 warm water, and 1/3 hydrogen peroxide. Has worked like a charm for awhile now.

Top Bottom