What's new

Arko shave stick

if they both come from the same place

why is it that Derby blades are so easy to get (i.e.: cheap) and Arko shaving sticks are not???

I sure would love to get my hand on one; just to try it; but as many have said; the shipping is so very expensive.

J

Jarmo P

Arko is a very hard soap and IMO not very good as a shave stick because of the hardness.

You can of course grind it down or as I did just slice it to some container and use as a regular shaving soap instead of a stick.

But in the end I just not could take the smell. It lathers well though and is a good soap. I got it from a B&B banned site though so I cannot tell.

My one Arko stick opened has been on guaranteen cause of the disgusting not luxurious cleanser smell for 5 months and has now mellowed down and is allowed back to my bathroom for my 2nd and 3rd pass strengthening. (Rinse the face rub the stick a bit and then build the existing Tabac lather from brush , dip the brush on sink a bit to get water and get the lather all creamy like Santa Claus ).

Anyways, I think most people are like myself and don't really like Arko smell, however good shaving soap it is.

Jarmo

Tulumba . com sells Arko products and their shipping is not expensive. I like the Arko stick, it works great for me and it does not smell bad... it just smells like soap.

DrumDawg --

Arko is cheap with modest shipping costs, easily ordered here. The Shave Stick is one of the best you can get and works very well in stick form. The Arko stick affords just about the best lather and shave you can get, with the downside that the fragrance is a profoundly strong soap/cleanser smell.

It's cheap enough that to make shipping worthwhile, order a couple of Alum Bars and perhaps a couple of tubes of Arko shave cream as well. There's nothing special about it, but the creams are a good product, work well, and have a decent fragrance.

-- John Gehman

thanks boyz

it probably isnt that much better than anything i have; it just became my white whale so to speak

I got mine at a local shop in Kusadasi, Turkey, last year. Going back there in October. Their creams are also great.

I'm a little confused by the comment that Arko is a hard soap. It seems pretty soft to me, very easy to work up a lather. It's not the best soap in the world, but better than many I've tried, if you don't mind the old-timey soap scent (I don't).

I'm a little confused by the comment that Arko is a hard soap. It seems pretty soft to me, very easy to work up a lather. It's not the best soap in the world, but better than many I've tried, if you don't mind the old-timey soap scent (I don't).

+1
One of the softest soaps I've ever used. :confused:

+1 on the softness. I got mine from a Turkish super market hence it was inexpensive. I like the fact that many barbers actually use this soap. Unfortunately the super market didn't have Derby blades so I had to buy them online.

I can buy my arko sticks for next to nothing in a local Turkish shop in my town.
+1 on the softness ,it is for sure my softest hard soap. As for the smell; you seem to like it or hate hate it and I like it allright. It lathers and shaves as one of the best.

I've seen the arko stick on amazon where you can get it shipped for free if you make $25 in purchases. Not really difficult to do me thinks...

Wow, this thread started in 2008?

View attachment 278952

I wrote a long, impassioned rebuttal to the negative opinions expressed about this soap but then deleted it when I saw the start date on the thread. Who knows, maybe 6 or 7 years ago Arko wasn't the heaven sent shaving stick that it is today.

guess I didn't pay attention to the date when I saw this.... :scared:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
It doesn't matter if the thread is revived, if the subject is still on track, why not!

Top Bottom