What's new

Goatee Gone!!!

Ok, I have got my technique down (no irritation, ingrowns, razor burn, etc) and now I want to take the goatee off!

My goatee is not that thick, but unfortunately all I have is a 23c and a slant bar.

Any suggestions on how I can take my goatee off?

I shaved my beard off after 20 years.. started w/ hair clippers with the guard set to 4, then 3, then 2, then 1, and then no guard.. after that.. I shaved it off (used a Fusion at that time, as I hadn't started wetshaving).. You can also use scissors in the absence of clippers, but be careful not to trim more than hair :)

Wayne

If you have a beard trimmer, take off the guard and cut it down as close as you can then shave the area with your razor.

Yeah, follow the advice so far.
If you've had it a while, remember that your skin underneath may be more sensitive (or maybe not), so once you've clipped it down, work your pre routine good!

Yeah, follow the advice so far.
If you've had it a while, remember that your skin underneath may be more sensitive (or maybe not), so once you've clipped it down, work your pre routine good!

+1 on the sensitive skin underneath. Take it easy at first.

You might also consider making it an occasion for a barbershop shave. If not, depending how long you have had the goatee, your skin may be very sensitive, probably shouldn't go straight to the slant.

Trim it as close as you can with scissors or preferrably electric trimmers sans guard, then shower up and use all of the pre shave stuff you have at your disposal. If nothing else, coat the goatee with a lot of hair conditioner. Then shave WTG and go easy for a while on the area.

Personally, I wear a chin goatee and sideburns and think that facial hair highlights a good shave that much more. Good luck.

Top Bottom