What's new

Why LIGHTING is important...

Attached you will find two pics: the first being what I thought was a unique find on eBay, the second being the same razor photographed with adequate lighting at my home once the item was received.

Amazing how the right light (or the wrong light) can make something look completely different!

(I was, of course, crestfallen that it was *just* a regular Super Speed--but hope springs eternal :001_rolle )

@&#* = "guy who likes to rub his salt in others wounds for purposes of hilarity"

I approve of @&#*s. I am one myself.

On a more sensible note: That sucks that you got shafted on ebay. Maybe contact the seller and send them that pic and see if they'll refund or something.

Amazing how the right light (or the wrong light) can make something look completely different!

probably the wrong white balance in the camera settings...

In eBay situations like this I always send a question to the seller asking specifically if the razor is silver or gold before bidding.

probably the wrong white balance in the camera settings...

In eBay situations like this I always send a question to the seller asking specifically if the razor is silver or gold before bidding.

...Then they take 2 days to respond. I quit correcting the dumb @#$!s who say that any random Gillette is a "FATBOY" (not just the ones that are Slim adjustables) after about three attempts. No good deed goes unpunished.

Mostly, I accept that everything on the Bay is a risk (except for the stuff from, e.g., Shaving Shack) and bid accordingly. I've been burned a few times, sure, but never too badly. Now *twitch* my RAD is *twitch* under c-c-c-control *twitch* and I don't n-n-need to *twitch* surf the Bay!

I think you'll be even more crestfallen when after seeing these twins..
and yes, they're not silver :wink:

What's worse is, after sending this pic to the seller, they responded with an apology and claimed that Gillette never made a super speed of that model in gold.

:confused:

and BTW, those are a darn nice set if twins....

I actually thought the same thing. I sent the seller a message and asked what color they were. Sorry. That is a bummer.

Just a guess. I have a common reflector for photography. One side is white and the flip side is gold. The gold side is nice for people. It's sort of like the sun light when the sun is low on the horizon. I think the person taking that picture might have used a gold reflector, and the silver/chrome reflected the gold back to the camera.

Top Bottom