What's new

Attn: Merkur Fans

I'm a Slant fan. I have the Barber Pole and the HD. I originally got the HD and love it, but then RAD, and the need to know if the Barber Pole was better overcame me.

I used to get 5 O'Clock Shadow at 10 AM. It didn't matter what I shaved with, multiblade or electric. When I switched to DE shaving I started getting incredibly good, close, smooth shaves. The Slant is a little facial hair lawn mower and the Barber Pole, though I have only shaved twice with it gives me just as close, or closer shaves than the HD in less time, and that's with a Derby Blade. Wait till I pop a Feather in there.

I shaved over 12 hours ago and am still presentable. I can't really visually notice the stubble but can feel it now.

It's so funny. I think my HD is much more aggressive than any of my superspeeds, with the same blades. What's the general consensus on this? Anyone know?

Started DE shaving in April with a 38C. I became comfortable with that, and switched to 39C. Other than a few bad episodes due to King of Shaves oil, I have found the Barberpole slant cleanly cuts through the trouble spots on my neck easily and with little or no irritation. Sensor Excel, Braun electrics, and the 38C couldn't do that. I do hear the mergress calling though.

It's so funny. I think my HD is much more aggressive than any of my superspeeds, with the same blades. What's the general consensus on this? Anyone know?

I have found exactly the same thing. I use Derbys in each and find the HD gives a much closer, better shave. Anybody have measurements of blade angles, exposed edge, etc that may account for the more aggressive shave of the HD?

I have found exactly the same thing. I use Derbys in each and find the HD gives a much closer, better shave. Anybody have measurements of blade angles, exposed edge, etc that may account for the more aggressive shave of the HD?

I completely agree. The HD gives a much closer shave than Superspeeds.

Just bought my Progress last week and was the first DE I have used since I was in my teens....I found it to be a very nice shave. I started out with a 2.5 setting like some here recommended but was not agressive enough for me so now I am at almost a 4 and find it quite comfortable....

I've heard many recommendations for the SS or HD. You probably couldn't go wrong with either one.

I got the HD and I love it.

Top Bottom