What's new

Indulgence of the Night July 2008

I'm into the second half of a Perdomo Fresco Maduro at the moment sitting outside with my dog after I knocked off of work. Sadly, and uncharacteristically for this cigar, I'm not enjoying it as much as I had hoped. A tight draw and a bit of tunnelling have foiled me...not to mention that I'll be up at 4am tomorrow for work, but it's cool because after this I'm thinking a Summit Extra Pale Ale and a nice shave before bed will even the score. :wink:

A Saint Luis Rey and an iced cold Old Speckled Hen. Sitting on the balcony listening to Independence Day fireworks.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Har Gow- steamed wheat starch dumplings of shrimp and fresh water chestnut

Sweet and sour pork with fresh pineapple and lychee

Went down the river again today and smoked my first Henry Clay, which was gifted to me by my friend's dad. It had some minor burn issues and the wrapper was a mess even before I got my hands on it, but it was clear that this thing had some serious age on it. The flavors were definitely new to my palette and it was definitely enjoyable.

Manhattan(s)

Old GrandDad bourbon, Noilly Prat Sweet vermouth, Peychaud's Bitters .....no cherry.
Is maraschino cherry juice (liqueur) really neccessary for a proper Manhattan ??

I enjoyed a great T-bone steak with corn on the cob last Saturday! The weekend otherwise consisted of fun cook-outs and iced coffee drinks!

I had a Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic 1970 and a Blue Moon Honey Moon Summer Ale while watching the storm roll in last night. The cigar and the beer were excellent.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Bread with sun dried tomato and black olive tapenade
Gnocchi alla Bolognese
Veal alla Sorrentina

No vino :frown:

Top Bottom