What's new

Indulgence of the Night July 2008

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Taken directly from my post in the Acquisitions thread:

Sorry, Cory, I must have completely missed that thread. I was worried that it was lost in transit.

The Hamborger Veermaster has a twist to open top, BUT you have to use the side of a coin to "pop" it open first. I should have mentioned that. You can go crazy otherwise. :lol:

I chose that tobaccy because it's a modestly aged (~five years) matured Virginia, which is probably the best choice for a cigar smoker. It has very good burn characteristics, so it shouldn't be too much trouble to keep going. Just sip it slowly, and enjoy.

Sorry, Cory, I must have completely missed that thread. I was worried that it was lost in transit.

The Hamborger Veermaster has a twist to open top, BUT you have to use the side of a coin to "pop" it open first. I should have mentioned that. You can go crazy otherwise. :lol:

I chose that tobaccy because it's a modestly aged (~five years) matured Virginia, which is probably the best choice for a cigar smoker. It has very good burn characteristics, so it shouldn't be too much trouble to keep going. Just sip it slowly, and enjoy.

1) Again, Thank you for the tin!

2) Oh...:blush:...It's Hamborger Veermaster. :lol:

3) Before reading this, I did pop the top with a screwdriver. The aroma is intoxicating! :w00t::thumbup1:

4) Aged 5 years?!?!? Oh man...now I feel bad that I've popped the seal prematurely...looks like I'll be picking up a cob this Friday. :biggrin:

I did get the lid back on securely, but other than that, do you have a recommended storage method?

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Once opened, I like to put tobacco into a glass "bail top" jar with a rubber gasket. It will keep upwards of a year once opened. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

Pyramid Apricot Ale and an Indian Tabac Cigar Co super fuerte maduro. The beer happens to be much better than the cigar. Been a long day.

Once opened, I like to put tobacco into a glass "bail top" jar with a rubber gasket. It will keep upwards of a year once opened. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

Good stuff to know. I do have some of these and they are opaque black, so if light were also to be an issue, it wouldn't be with those. Do you keep it tinned in the jar or loose. If I can get it to fit, I'd like to put the tin in the jar.

I attended a tasting from a Bell's Brewery rep. Among the offerings:

Amber Ale
Pale Ale
Two-Hearted Ale
Porter
Kalamazoo Stout
Lager
Oberon Ale
Consecrator Doppelbock
Sparkling Ale
Hell Hath No Fury...Ale - a Belgian Strong Dark Ale that had aged in the rep's cellar for three years. Good stuff.
Eccentric Ale - a strange concoction that was 15% ABV and 40% molasses.

Plus, I got some free swag out of the deal.

Popped open a new to me baccy - Tilbury. Smoking it in my Tinksy bent poker. It isn't Stonehaven but pretty good.

Top Bottom