What's new

Indulgence of the Night July 2008

M

modern man

Split a couple bottles of Pinot Noir and then I had a few glasses of JW Black. Rick's right, Black is back!

Rick also introduced me to this, he is still mad that I use a splash of Coke in it. :lol:

proxy.php

Matt-

Great pic! How did you like the SPDM? I've only had the pleasure once (paired with Zaya Rum--highly recommended), and it was a great smoke. That cocktail looks great too.

Re: Yesterday's/Last night's storm -

Ugh. On my lunch break yesterday, I was fortunate enough in my timing to get to Chipotle without getting wet, but the wind did slap me around a little bit. After work, it was gorgeous and we went out to dinner with some friends, but apparently sometime in the early morning it really blew through. I slept through it though, because I spent 5 hours last night after dinner at the Animal Emergency hospital in Woodbury. My cat Daisy got into some type of toxin and was pretty close to checking out. Needless to say, when I did get home, I had no trouble sleeping through the chaos outside.

"...thae cats whaere fine." *

* Name that movie! :lol:

I think I built the SPDM up a little too much in my head. Everyone seems to go crazy over it, and I just thought it was just ok. Granted it's at an amazing price point, but I think I'd rather smoke a Fresco to be perfectly honest. I will say that the construction was flawless. I've never had a box-press cigar draw so easy. And the smoke that poured out of that thing was crazy!

Glad your kitty is ok! Those little critters are supposed to have good intuition when it comes to staying out of the bad stuff. Be honest, she smoked a Jefe right? :lol:

I think I built the SPDM up a little too much in my head. Everyone seems to go crazy over it, and I just thought it was just ok. Granted it's at an amazing price point, but I think I'd rather smoke a Fresco to be perfectly honest. I will say that the construction was flawless. I've never had a box-press cigar draw so easy. And the smoke that poured out of that thing was crazy!

Glad your kitty is ok! Those little critters are supposed to have good intuition when it comes to staying out of the bad stuff. Be honest, she smoked a Jefe right? :lol:

I just got a great mental image of that scene in "Up in Smoke," when Cheech and Chong are the car,

"Oh maaaan, the dog ate my stash, man."

:lol:

Lunch was peri peri chicken with garlic bread and chips and a coke

Tonight will most likely be lagavulin 16, bushmills 21yo and some johnnie walker gold

proxy.php

A wonderful dinner with my girlfriend at an Indianapolis restaurant, Peterson's. We started off with some glorious Veal Carpaccio and some fried portobello's and then moved onto a medium rare filet (I can't get my gf to eat a rare one :blushing:) and I had some gorgeous rare Tokyo style Yellowfin Tuna. During the meal we enjoyed Martinis and a very nice Napa Cab.

proxy.php

Had a Santa Damina robusto and a mug of charcoal water while catching up on the latest Cycle World.

The Santa Damina was excellent as always and held up very well in the gail force winds this morning, didn't go out a once.

My latest order from Sweet Marias isn't due to arrive until Tuesday so I picked up a few 4-cup Starbucks coffee samples. Is it Tuesday yet?

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
A bottle of 1999 Ornellaia with some assorted cheese.

Red Dragon
Manchego
Mild Havarti

Oh yeah, and a Johnnie Gold on the rocks. :wink:

Tonight's Surf & Turf fare with guests:

Sea scallops cut in half, sprinkled with sea salt and freshly ground pepper and wrapped in bacon (they will go on the BBQ).
Soft Shell Crabs sprinkled with freshly ground pepper and sea salt, dipped in egg and flour, sauteed in butter with minced garlic, sprinkled with Old Bay and a lemon squeeze.
Filet Mignon on the grill ( I'll have mine medium rare, please.)

I am debating between a Silver Oak Napa or a Quintessa.

Final debate issue: Johnnie Gold. On the rocks or neat, tonight? Decisions, decisions. :rolleyes:

A bottle of 1999 Ornellaia with some assorted cheese.

Red Dragon
Manchego
Mild Havarti

Oh yeah, and a Johnnie Gold on the rocks. :wink:

Tonight's Surf & Turf fare with guests:

Sea scallops cut in half, sprinkled with sea salt and freshly ground pepper and wrapped in bacon (they will go on the BBQ).
Soft Shell Crabs sprinkled with freshly ground pepper and sea salt, dipped in egg and flour, sauteed in butter with minced garlic, sprinkled with Old Bay and a lemon squeeze.
Filet Mignon on the grill ( I'll have mine medium rare, please.)

I am debating between a Silver Oak Napa or a Quintessa.

Final debate issue: Johnnie Gold. On the rocks or neat, tonight? Decisions, decisions. :rolleyes:

Same for me.... Did I mention I'm going transatlantic for dinner :lol::lol::lol::lol:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Lunch-
Orange chicken with Grand Marnier

Dinner-
Sausage and peppers

The house smells great.
:tongue_sm

enjoying some Dewar's White Label right now, may enjoy a smoke in a bit, thinking about trying the montecristo media noche.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Sweet and sour pork with egg fried rice. Done properly

montepulciano d'abruzzo 2005
Sloe Gin
Lagavulin 16

A classic combo. :thumbup1:

I just threw some char siu on the grill, to accompany my famous Peking noodles in XO sauce and potsticker dumplings. :w00t:

A wonderful dinner with my girlfriend at an Indianapolis restaurant, Peterson's. We started off with some glorious Veal Carpaccio and some fried portobello's and then moved onto a medium rare filet (I can't get my gf to eat a rare one :blushing:) and I had some gorgeous rare Tokyo style Yellowfin Tuna. During the meal we enjoyed Martinis and a very nice Napa Cab.

Oh, to be a Northsider. :prrr:

:tongue_sm

Top Bottom