What's new

Image Hosting site recommendations

Gents, I belong to another non-shave related forum that does not allow you to download images. You have to use an image hosting url instead.

I have looked at the usual suspects, photobucket, etc. I have never used this type of service. Perusing their terms of usage, I noticed that you have to agree to be spammed with other services and partners.

What do you guys use?

I've been using ImageShack for some time and have been happy with it, but I don't really host a ton of images. However, ImageShack allows unlimited hosting of pics for media related links according to their FAQ's. There may be better and easier to use sites. YMMV, etc.

A lot of people seem to be happy with SmugMug.

Personally, I have used BytePhoto for a long time, but it is not a full-featured site. They do not get upset about hot linking, so it suits me very well.

I've been using ImageShack for some time and have been happy with it, but I don't really host a ton of images. However, ImageShack allows unlimited hosting of pics for media related links according to their FAQ's. There may be better and easier to use sites. YMMV, etc.

+1 On Imageshack, you don't even need a user name and password, just upload a photo and they give you a Url.

I've also use my Flickr account sometimes as well..

+1 on ImageShack.

I didn't really compare the different sites, I just chose them because it was one of the first ones I found.

My usage is minimal ... I had about ten images I wanted to post to another forum I belong to, and ImageShack fit the bill nicely.

The user interface is a little bit awkward at first, but once you learn your way around their site, posting to another forum becomes fast and easy.

They also have a toolbar that integrates into your browser (not yet compatible with Firefox 3) ... I have it installed, but usually leave it disabled. Its just so much easier to go directly to the site and choose your options from there. If you need to handle tons of images, though, the toolbar may come in handy.

Gents, I have started using imagecoast.com. The site is simple and does the trick. Thanks for the suggestions.

I know you found your site, but I have been using a combination. Started with picassa, hated it, super slow.
Then I started using flickr. Still use it some.
I started working on a website which will eventually be my inventory in photographic form. (Achim's site gave me the idea) I use that for some of my hosting now, so I guess I host those images myself.

Top Bottom