What's new

GPS Navigation System Garmin nuvi 750

I need a little help from the B&B crowd. I know a lot of you probably have a gps nav system so I need a little guidance :tongue_sm. After some research on the top 10 systems I am looking primarily at the Garmin nuvi 700 series, specifically the nuvi 750. I am also considering TomTom 900 series, so whatever unit comes closest to the Garmin 750 would be considered. I understand the differences in the feature sets between the Garmin line, that info is readily available in a side by side comparison.

I do need the trip planning feature and text to speech most of all (turn left in 100 ft on Elm Street). The Garmin Nuvi 760 has traffic and blue tooth added. Does anybody know if the traffic feature is included in the purchase of the 760 or do you have to pay extra for it annually? Is it all that helpful?

Your comments/suggestions are welcome, thanks in advance.

You'll have to buy the optional Traffic Receiver, and continue paying the subscription after the initial period included with the unit This is from Garmin web site:

United States — includes 15-month subscription to Clear Channel TMC if receiver is purchased separately (3 month subscription if receiver comes with the purchase of a Garmin GPS unit)

Thanks, they have to get into your wallet somehow.

I think I am looking at the nuvi 760 now, for the BT support with my Treo 700p. Any users have the 700p and this nav unit?

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I can't imagine ever going on vacation without my Nuvi. It's one of the most indispensible pieces of gear I own.

I can't imagine ever going on vacation without my Nuvi. It's one of the most indispensible pieces of gear I own.

Yeah I have hit the wall, I travel a lot and just started house hunting so I need it, bad.

You have to give cred to the 700 series, they have multiple stop (trip) planning and trip optimization. That extra gas savings alone will pay for itself very fast. That wide screen is tasty and the "dude where's my car" feature too.

*edit*

Went ahead and ordered 2 (gf) nuvi 760s, they will arrive later this week and that is that.

Is anybody else rocking the garmin nuvi series?

Top Bottom