What's new

Honey Bee vs. Mama Bear Rosemary Mint

I see on eBay that Honey Bee Spa has a Rosemary Mint. How does it compare with the much aclaimed Mama Bear Rosemary Mint?

For that matter, how do HBS and MB soaps compare in terms of performance, scents, etc.?

Dave

I have both. Scent-wise, I prefer the MB's. MB's has only essential oils and smells just like peppermint and rosemary, with the rosemary really coming out when lathered-up.

I don't know if HBS's uses both fragrance and essential oils, but to my nose, it does not smell much like rosemary and only vaguely like peppermint. Frankly, I dislike the smell of the HBS version.

In terms of performance, I've had more success with MB. I find the HBS very difficult to lather and suspect it's my water.

In general, there are many, many fans of HBS and I suggest you try both. Maybe you'll like both, but for different reasons...

I much prefer the Honeybee Spa shaving soaps in all aspects. Especially in their performance. They just work better for me. ymmv!

I prefer the HBS scent over the MB, which reminds me of Vicks Vapo-Rub (not a bad thing, but I need to be in the right mood to use it). The HBS is more like peppermint bon bon ice cream (this is a bit of a stretch, but for lack of a better description...).

In terms of performance, they both rock, but for me personally, I think MB's slightly and almost imperceptively edges out the HBS.

I haven't used Mama Bear, but been using Honeybee Green Irish Tweed and Dragon's Blood for the past week and they are outstanding performers. They give me the best lather I have ever made out of a soap.

Honeybee has an essential oil Lavender Rosemary Peppermint that has a great scent. I haven't had much luck with Mama Bear soaps, but find HB very easy to make a nice thick creamy lather with plenty of glide, although you do need to use a fair amount of water, and some of her scents are terrific. I think my current favorite is Cherry Pipe Tobacco, which is maraschino-cherry scent with a smokey, tobacco undertone! I've always loved the scent of lilac bushes, and she has a very nice lilac scented soap. At $4.49 for a puck that will produce wonderful lather and more than 50 scents to choose from, how can you go wrong?

Top Bottom