What's new

A bad movie???

I liked Wayne's World and the first Austin Powers movie; the sequels seemed to go downhill rapidly after that.

I think the problem with Mike Meyers is that both he and his audiences are a lot older than they used to be. I mean, Wayne's World was made 16 years ago, if you can believe that, and the first Austin Powers movie was made 11 years ago.

Low brow humor in his new movies isn't cutting it anymore-it's almost like he never grew up or something. Everyone expects more out of him but he can't deliver. And don't get me started on Verne Troyer......very annoying no matter what movie he's in.

Agreed. It is one thing with things like the American Pie series, or the guys who made 40-year Old Virgin and Knocked Up, but Myers is no spring chicken anymore, and at some point it kind of gets a little creepy - kind of like Eugene Levy's characters in just about any of his movies lately. The difference is, Eugene Levy is trying to be the creepy older guy obsessed with sex.

I'm Not There. The Bob Dylan biopic. I thought it had some good performances by Cate Blanchett and Heath Ledger, but beyond that, I thought it was horrible. I've never been so bored. At one point, I thought, "Well, it must be almost over..." and I looked at the clock and it turned out I was only about 20 minutes into it. I'm not joking, either. I still am not sure why I watched the whole thing. For me it was a big disappointment, because I like all of the actors in it and I like Bob Dylan.

Someone mentioned Pirates of the Caribbean II. I liked that movie a lot. I did not like, however, the third movie, At World's End. I don't know that I've ever been so bored by an action movie. And the novelty of Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow had worn off and become trite. For me, at least.

M

modern man

The Devils Rain, worst film I have ever seen.

I loved every second of it.

Is Will Ferrell in the movie? Then it was awful.

did M. Night Shamalamadingdong direct it or write it? Then it was awful.

All you guys are right about M. Night. It's really wierd because he seemed to have "the gift". Hands down 6th Sense was his best. I thought Unbreakable was decent enough and I really liked Signs. I liked the whole nothing-is-a-coincidence concept. But it's been all stinkers since. They say his new one is a dud too...The Happening. Hard to figure a director like that isn't it? Up one day, bombing the next.

Now switching gears in my own thread. When you have Netflix you end up watching a lot of sleeper movies you never would have seen otherwise. Last night we watched Sex and Death 101. This was a low budget comedy done pretty smartly and was amusing. It is an adult sex comedy so go into it knowing that, but I recommend it.

Now switching gears in my own thread. When you have Netflix you end up watching a lot of sleeper movies you never would have seen otherwise. Last night we watched Sex and Death 101. This was a low budget comedy done pretty smartly and was amusing. It is an adult sex comedy so go into it knowing that, but I recommend it.

I agree. Sex and Death 101 was a good movie that came from nowhere. With an always hot looking Winona Ryder to boot.

. I thought Unbreakable was decent enough and I really liked Signs. I liked the whole nothing-is-a-coincidence concept. .

I've had a hard time convincing a friend that signs really isn't about aliens, but rather fate, faith, and the nothing is a coincidence thing. He just can't get past the aliens.

Top Bottom