What's new

New Shavemac

Just received my new Shavemac brush. It has a knot diameter of 28 mm with a 52 mm loft. The brush has 2 - band badger hair and a fan shaped knot.

Looking forward to the first shave!

Some pictures:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Beautiful brush. I love that handle color. It's already my favorite handle design. My 3 Thaters have that handle design in different sizes of black, ivory and plexi, but now you have me thinking I need to add a shavemac blue marble with a 24mm 3-band fan.

Beautiful brush! I have a 2band from Bernd en route as well! Looks like the current batch of hair has some nice white tips and he said the current hair is very soft. As much as I like unique Handle styles I always find my 173 and Thater octo style handles very easy to hold. Best of luck please show some pics after the break in bloom!

Just shaved with this beauty! And I think I hit the sweet spot with the 28 mm knot diameter. Bigger would probably have been to big for my taste.

But man - this brush stinks! I hope the smell will fade away soon.

Here are some post bloom pictures:

proxy.php
proxy.php

Beautiful brush! I have a 2band from Bernd en route as well! Looks like the current batch of hair has some nice white tips and he said the current hair is very soft. As much as I like unique Handle styles I always find my 173 and Thater octo style handles very easy to hold. Best of luck please show some pics after the break in bloom!

The tips of the hairs are definitely more white on this brush than on my 24 mm Shavemac with 2 band badger (which you can see in my pictures). I would say the knot looks a bit better on the 28 mm. The feeling when shaving is quite similar though. But it feels more like a "wall of hairs" in my face with the 28 mm. :lol:

I hope that this investment does not lead to hoarding of large shaving brushes ... :001_rolle

Last edited:
Top Bottom