What's new

Best to date cream.for me it's Macca Root

I tried soaps, creams and croaps and had success with some. Others not so much. Tabac hard soap and KMF cream were reached for the most as I was trying to finish up my stock of around 10 different ones. However, this Maca Root cream is on a 14 day stretch and I'm not stopping anytime soon. Maybe just to compare to the others. This soap is slick and protects as well as loading up so easy on any brush. Anyone else on board?

I'm not sure it's the best, but I was very pleasantly surprised by it. It lathered up great and provided good slickness. I used way too much though, so I'm going to take it down a bit next time. But I really did enjoy it. I got it on sale with free shipping, so even better! :thumbup1:

I'm not sure I'll be buying KMF again. Not bad in any way and good slickness (great, if you hit it just right). But it's a bit finicky for me and always takes more than I expect to get through a shave. It is inexpensive, though.

I tried soaps, creams and croaps and had success with some. Others not so much. Tabac hard soap and KMF cream were reached for the most as I was trying to finish up my stock of around 10 different ones. However, this Maca Root cream is on a 14 day stretch and I'm not stopping anytime soon. Maybe just to compare to the others. This soap is slick and protects as well as loading up so easy on any brush. Anyone else on board?

I presume you're talking Body Shop cream here. If so I think you'd enjoy Baume.be shave cream. Similar consistency and has great slick performance.

I presume you're talking Body Shop cream here. If so I think you'd enjoy Baume.be shave cream. Similar consistency and has great slick performance.

Yes the cream by Body Shop. I was also eyeing the Baume.be but maca Root was on sale at the time so I jumped on it. I will definitely try Baume.be at some point. Also I'll add that I love the scent as well as the after shave face feel.

I've been using it pretty regular for the last few weeks but I don't have many others to compare it too yet. It does lather up real quick, allot less work then the soap puck I have.

I'm totally on board with you. I like, but don't love the scent. But the performance - the slickness and cushion - are out of this world. Furthermore, it goes on sale a couple times every year. I bought my tub for $8.

I'm surprised i never got around to trying this soap. I have always heard nice things about it and considering its readily available it would of been a no brainer to add this to my rotation. Suffice to say I don't buy too many soaps lately due to being inundated with soaps and creams bought on impulse. Maybe after I burn through a few more pucks I'll give it a go.

For 15 years I have primarily used Macca Root from the Body Shop. So needless to say I have been very content with it. But now, having converted from carts to DE shaving I have started trying out new creams, just for fun. And I must say I have found a few that match and even outshine the Macca.

My absolute favourite for now is Proraso Green. To me is is more slick and - as its very best feature - it just leaves my skin feeling so much better for several hours. With the Macca it was just good for shaving. Bt the Proraso Green seems to stick on my skin in a very pleasant way. And it really smells great too. Other Proraso are ok but do not outshine the Macca. Neither does Cella which is ok but I have sincere troubles with the (to me) extreme almond scent.

On its way in for testing is Klar Klassik. From reading reviews I am really looking forward to trying that out. But maybe I am just sold to the cool look and story telling of that brand. We'll see.

But the Macca will stay, but probably more as a some-time rotation thing for me.

What method are you all using for the Body Shop Macca Root? Bowl lathering? Face lathering?

Is a brush even necessary?

How is it in hard water?

I have the Macca Root Face Wash and I like it. A little goes a long way. I got it on sale while Christmas shopping at the Body Shop. I'd buy it again - on sale.

What method are you all using for the Body Shop Macca Root? Bowl lathering? Face lathering?

How is it in hard water?

I have the Macca Root Face Wash and I like it. A little goes a long way. I got it on sale while Christmas shopping at the Body Shop. I'd buy it again - on sale.

I use a brush and face lather. The bush makes a ton of wonderful lather with minimal effort. I have not tried a bowl but I assume it would be just as easy. As for not using a brush, my guess is that you would get a acceptable lather but what's the fun in that?

Anyone with more experience please comment as I've only had few weeks working with Macca Root.

I used it on the back of my neck to clean up my neckline today and just used my hand and it worked like a charm.

How is it in hard water?

I use a brush, synthetic. Sometimes I'll face lather, but more than usual I bowl lather. For the record I have very, very hard water!!

To be honest I haven't tried that soap till now. I have hear different opinions from friends so I wasn't very sure about using it.

Top Bottom