What's new

PIF, paladin soap

I had ordered some tobacco road and pythian way soap that paladin had released several weeks ago. I knew I have way too many soaps so I wanted to spread the goodness around.

Rules,
I want to hear what you do to hide a stash or intercept a package so your better half does not realize how over the top we are with our products. Could be soaps, razors, brushes.....
Post that and say you're in.
Need to have 50 quality posts
CONUS only, sorry.......

Please be a good PIF winner and post pics and reviews.

I have taken these samples before any brush has touched the soap if that matters to any, so it's as fresh as possible. Samples are in a 2 ounce container.

proxy.php

I'm in, if it is OK that I don't hide stuff from my wife. Too much trouble. I would rather deal with her knowing what I order and be upfront about it than get caught hiding it. I don't have enough brownie points for that.

Sent via mobile - Chris

I'll start this off.....
I've done several things. I hide brushes and only use them when i won't be interrupted. I have my soap stash and rotate what I use so it's hard to keep track of things.
When I ordered my MdC I tracked the package, then had to hunt down my mail carrier while I was walking my dog after work to intercept the package so it didn't come on a day I was home late....

I'm sure there are going to be some interesting ones....

I'll keep it going until Wednesday.

It hasn't gotten bad enough to have to hide things....yet. However, I only keep one setup on the counter, so she really has no idea whether I'm using something different. Now, guitars and vape gear....that's a different story (but mostly still aboveboard).

Oh yeah...I'm in!

I'd like to get in on this one...
Surely I'm not the only one that has stuff shipped to his office and brings it into the house when I'm the first one home?

Not in, I don't hide things from my wife, that's kind of messed up in my opinion. I show her all my soaps and brushes and razors etc. She even bought me shaving stuff for Christmas.

I'm in.
I'm not married but my significant other will often hit me w the guilt trip - so, to avoid the guilt, when she comes over, she finds all soaps in neat piles. I had begun to think she couldn't distinguish new from old until one day, she walks straight up to me & says "I can't wait to smell all those new soaps!!" Lol. She's really funny too!!

I'm in!

My AD is mostly vintage razors and found locally so it's not hard to get them in. I really don't have to hide things, but do get the occasional eye roll. Every once in a while I like to show her a really good score like my Rubberset 400 for $2 then show her what they sell for on the bay. As long as I sell, trade or give away a few things now and then all is well. It also helps to bring something home for her every now and then, like our waffle iron.

Attachments

• $DSCF9383.jpg
    $DSCF9383.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 114
  • $DSCF9395.jpg
    $DSCF9395.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 113
I'm in.! I would love to try them soaps out. I put new shave gear in a locked tool box in the garage. Thank You for a great PIF. :thumbup1:

I'm in! I don't really have a reason to hide any purchases from her, she enjoys using my soaps also. However if I had been going a little overboard I would sometimes order something nice for her also to soften the blow :001_rolle

I'm in!

I really don't have to hide packages (she has enough of her own that come in). Perhaps I haven't heard anything about it because we work different hours and I just happen to be the only one home when they arrive. Lucky, perhaps? :tongue_sm

I'm in. The only thing I hid from my wife was a slant razor I bought. She had been complaining about me having too many razors, and the slant was already in the mail, so when it came I quietly hid the box in my closet where I keep my blades. I didn't think she'd notice another razor, so I didn't bother to hide it. However, she did notice it because she saw it sitting on the counter and said, "that one looks scary. When did you get it?" So I fessed up. That's the one and only time I tried hiding something. My wife is actually really good about what I spend on my hobby--she even bought me a box of razors from an estate sale, so she's a closet enabler!

I'm in!
I get most of my e-bay stuff ordered to work. Most of the times i can swap out razors and or clean them up and list a new one without anyone knowing. I am also like troy, in that sometimes i will show her a filty razor i picked up at an antique store and then flip it on e-bay. She also knows how much money i would have spent on Gillette cartridges in the past 12 months and between good finds and ebay flips, i have saved money, so it isn't a huge deal

I'll hop in!

I haven't had to hide anything per-say from the fiance......but there might be a PIF or two or more that might be a purchase.... she did call me out the other day when I pulled two soaps out of a amazon box, after getting another shaving item earlier that week(.....I think she maybe on to me.....(Also, if I disappear from the forum....she's reading these posts and I'm somewhere under the grass in my back yard or worse.)

I'm in!

I occasionally get asked if that's a new razor. But, really, how can razor that's 50-100+ years old be "new?" It gets a little trickier when it's a "NEW." The PO Box helps keep the shave purchases under the radar. ;-)

I'm in, it's kind of hard to hide stuff from her, I'm out on the road and she is at home. Every now and then the stars line up corectly and I'm home when the mail shows up. :lol:

I'm in. I don't hide from the wife but I don't advertise either. I work out of town so generally cannot pick up the post. But I don't discuss my purchases under$50. She does the same with me.

Top Bottom