What's new

Tobacconists in Las Vegas?

I'm heading to Las Vegas next week for a business conference (Heavy Duty Aftermarket Week) and was wondering if there are any tobacconists worth a visit?

I'm already planning to stop in the Davidoff store. I'll probably smoke a cigar there, and get a tin or two of pipe tobacco to bring home. Any recommendations? What is a good Davidoff cigar? And which Davidoff pipe blends do you guys like?

The Red aromatic mixture is lackluster straight from the tin. Once opened let it sit for a few weeks in a jar or in the tin and it opens up a bit. Middle of the road for an aromatic though. That is the only Davidoff tobacco I can talk of.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Casa Fuente in the forum shops. There's a good chance to pick up some cigars that would be hard to get elsewhere.

The Red aromatic mixture is lackluster straight from the tin. Once opened let it sit for a few weeks in a jar or in the tin and it opens up a bit. Middle of the road for an aromatic though.
The Blue is pretty much the same.

Davidoff Flake Medallions do look like the best bet. Looking at the range of Davidoff cigars, the Churchill line looks to be the best fit for my tastes. If I get out a second night, I'll stop in the Fuente store.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
When I was at the pipe show in Vegas, a lot of the guys had good things to say about Don Vicente cigars.

When I was there I picked up Davidoff Scottish mixture. It left no impression on me so I can't recommend it.

Well, neither Davidoff location had Flake Medallions. Their "forum" location had one type of tinned aromatic (blue I think) and a few jars of what looked like relabeled aromatics. The folks at the stand alone location looked at me like I had three heads when I asked about pipe tobacco.

I ended up getting a Fuente cigar: Rosado R52. It was a very nice smoke, medium-bodied, and hit all the right notes for me. I enjoyed it with a glass of Jameson.

It was my first time in Vegas, but probably won't be my last given the industry I'm in (automotive). Overall, Vegas strikes me as a sort-of adult Disneyland. Everything is fake, and to enjoy it the way they intend you have to buy into the fantasy. Not my kind of place. The one redeeming factor: the good food!

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
If you're in the auto industry, maybe you'll go to SEMA in Las Vegas this fall. It's usually right before or during the West Coast Pipe Show there. Some of us meet up down here for the pipe show so if you are headed there for SEMA, look at sticking around a few more days for the show.

It was my first time in Vegas, but probably won't be my last given the industry I'm in (automotive). Overall, Vegas strikes me as a sort-of adult Disneyland. Everything is fake, and to enjoy it the way they intend you have to buy into the fantasy. Not my kind of place. The one redeeming factor: the good food!

Careful. Some of us live here. If you were just on the Strip, you saw an interesting but not representative picture of the Las Vegas most of its 2 million residents experience. It would be like going to EuroDisney and forming one's impression of France from that.

Careful. Some of us live here. If you were just on the Strip, you saw an interesting but not representative picture of the Las Vegas most of its 2 million residents experience. It would be like going to EuroDisney and forming one's impression of France from that.

You're right, and I should have specified I meant the Strip.

If you're in the auto industry, maybe you'll go to SEMA in Las Vegas this fall. It's usually right before or during the West Coast Pipe Show there. Some of us meet up down here for the pipe show so if you are headed there for SEMA, look at sticking around a few more days for the show.

I probably won't go to SEMA, but I may go to the industry show that precedes SEMA, called AAPEX. Hopefully the pipe show will coincide!

Top Bottom