What's new

Best barbershop scented shave soap

I recently purchased Stirling Barbershop shave soap and it is an absolutely wonderful soap. Great lather, great scent.

This got me thinking...what other Barbershop scented soaps are out there? Any suggestions?

There is no "best," as barbershop is a class of scents, not any one scent in particular. The term brings to mind different memories, for different people, as barbershops don't all smell the same.

In any case, you have plenty of variety to choose from. Mike's, B&M, CRSW, Stirling, Mystic Water, and a number of other respected artisans offer barbershop soaps.

The qualifications for the most accurate "barbershop scent" have been debated to no end. Like previously posted, it's a different scent to different individuals.

Having said that, my two favorite soaps in the "barbershop" category are:

Soap Commander "Honor"

Fine Accoutrements "American Blend"

Enjoy exploring!!

I have tried Stirling and Mystic Waters and I prefer the Stirling. Not to mention its like any other Stirling soap and very easy to lather, great cushion, and very slick... I do like switching it up at times though and Mystic is still a great scent, just not as good a performer for me.

There is no "best," as barbershop is a class of scents, not any one scent in particular. The term brings to mind different memories, for different people, as barbershops don't all smell the same.

In any case, you have plenty of variety to choose from. Mike's, B&M, CRSW, Stirling, Mystic Water, and a number of other respected artisans offer barbershop soaps.

+1

Mickey Lee Unforgiven. For me its the real barbershop scent.

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

For me the best Barbershop soap was the Strop Shoppe SE w/tallow barbershop soap but sadly it's no longer being made. If I had to pick up a barbershop scented soap at the moment my choice would be Mike's for scent and CRSW for performance. Since the CRSW performs a lot better for me and I like the scent almost as much, I'd choose that one over Mike's.

Do know that Barbershop scents (like Sandlewood scents) are all over the place scent wise with some being desirable and others putrid depending on what you prefer. There are all different takes on this scent. So one that smells outstanding to me, others might not prefer, and vise versa.

Last edited:
I really like the Barrister and Mann Seville. The Reef Point Barbership is awesome too but it has more of a cool scent as opposed to powdery.

for me, barrister and mann lime, lavender and cedar.

proxy.php

This. So many scents associated with a particular barber, different era, etc.

Top Bottom